Veeam Community Recap #147

Backup Strategies, Scripts and Yara Rules

• 22 December 2023
  • 9 comments
Backup Strategies, Scripts and Yara Rules
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Last recap of 2023! @Rick Vanover is on vacation but Madi has two special community recap guests: @Tyler Jurgens  and @coolsport00 , both Legends and Veeam 100 members! We discuss all data backup basics, scripts and Yara rules! 

The Links: 

Via ​​​​@JMeixner :

Data Backup Basics IV: Understanding Backup Strategies: Full, Incremental, and Differential Backups

Via @keironbell : 

Automate Veeam Agent Upgrades via VSPC

Via @Rick Vanover : 

YARA and Script Library Supportability

How to install a YARA rule with Veeam

Featured YARA rule: Top 10 Ransomware Threats

Via @SteveHeart :

Powershell - VBR Backup Scan - YARA ready

Special Department News: 

VUG AFS: 

Veeam et la Résilience des données: les nouveautés de la version 12.1

New Group: 

Veeam Hands-on Labs

Best, 

Madi 

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow, what a long and informative recap. 👍🏼

Thank you for mentioning my topic. I am amazed at so much praise and attention.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you. Let’s see again for another great year. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Great show folks! @Tyler Jurgens @coolsport00 rocking it! Now Tyler will have to walk around Calgary with sunglasses on so that he does not get asked for autographs! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap and great to see Veeam100 members Tyler and Shane co-hosting.  Congrats to everyone mentioned during this recap.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone in the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Really enjoyed helping out with the Recap. Had a great time with @Tyler Jurgens and @Madi.Cristil . Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a healthy, safe, & very prosperous upcoming New Year. Blessings!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That was really fun joining in on the last recap of the year with @coolsport00 and @Madi.Cristil ! Great topics to discuss makes the conversation easy. 

Great show folks! @Tyler Jurgens @coolsport00 rocking it! Now Tyler will have to walk around Calgary with sunglasses on so that he does not get asked for autographs! :) 

I don’t know, if I throw glasses on I might just be too cool looking. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Really great RECAP guys! Never knew about the Group “Hands-on Labs”. BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to y’ll.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great Recap, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, 
Thanks for the recap.

the end of the year has been tough, but we are almost there.

Merry x-mas and a happy new year to y’all.

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I missed this as it’s been a crazy few weeks but great recap! Always great seeing community members in it too!

Comment