UK VUG - in person event locations

• 22 February 2023
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As we look to relaunch the UK Veeam User Group, we have an eye on later this year about organising an in person event. We’re keep to gather peoples interest and preferred locations for this event. Please review the options in the poll below and vote.

Note this is just gather peoples thoughts, these locations are purely indicative.*

*appreciate everyone will vote for the place closest to them, but think of other attendees for travel/accomodation, and us poor leaders who have to find venues :)

Any feedback/suggestions/questions most welcome.

Where should the next in-person event be held?

9 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Birmingham - Central for everybody!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Birmingham - Central for everybody!

Agreed, ...don’t forget to vote.

I’ll use the UK VMware User Group meetings as an example. They were held at the National Motorcycle museum. Was about 20 mins taxi from airport, similar to the train station and plenty of hotels in the region. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Keep it more central, Brum Centre easy access for everybody from New street station.  A 10 min radius from there will give you a lot of access for venues, the National Motorcycle museum is dated now and stuck out in now where!. I’m sure I can get a venue if I ask around but depends on numbers.  I can’t believe nobody has sorted this by now as there must be loads of VEEAM customers (central and from further afield) who just want to discuss there experiences (Good and bad with VEEAM), just keep it free!?  NicO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Keep it more central, Brum Centre easy access for everybody from New street station.  A 10 min radius from there will give you a lot of access for venues, the National Motorcycle museum is dated now and stuck out in now where!. I’m sure I can get a venue if I ask around but depends on numbers.  I can’t believe nobody has sorted this by now as there must be loads of VEEAM customers (central and from further afield) who just want to discuss there experiences (Good and bad with VEEAM), just keep it free!?  NicO.

Noted. FYI every UK VUG has been free to attend, we’ve had meetings in Scotland, Manchester and London (twice). Looking to gain momentum with this, so moving the event up/down the country might be the way to go

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It should be easy to get people involved now especially as what has just been released (V12), why not do it bi-annually and change the location each time to find most popular.  The only problem now with getting people involved is cost of travel and the time of the VUG meeting?  Would virtual work? (I believe “REAL PEOPLE Everytime would work better) especially if they have got a bevvie in their hand ;oP

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Appreciate not everyone is in the south west so I’m cool with travelling, Birmingham is do-able in a few hours on the train so that doesn’t bother me! But further north gets tricky if I can’t fly there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Newcastle would be good for me but happy to do Birmingham

Userlevel 2
Badge

We need a button to vote for the South West 😉 Bristol would be a good option 🤗. It gets scary travelling outside the West Country!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’m still happy with the next meetup taking place in Ireland 😁

Comment