Question

How to delete Backupjob + Folder after successfull upload to cloud?

• 15 October 2023
  • 5 comments

Badge

Good Evening to everybody.

Iam not new to veeam but some functions in Veeam are not clear enough so that i have some issues to solve the problems.

I have to copy Backups with SOBR to a WASABI Cloud. this seems to work perfect but i ran localy out of space. To solve this i would like to delete the job and folder after successfull upload but i don’t know how to solve this.
May you could help me in this problem?

Thank you very much.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Try to go to Capacity Tier (under Backups), right-click the job name and, select Delete from disk.

you can also delete the job after deleting it from disk.

Badge

Hello and Thanks for the comment. 

Maybe my Problem was a little bit unprecise. 

So the Problem is the same, but i want to delete the Backup itself after successfull upload automatically so that i will not run out of space. 

Thanks for Help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello and Thanks for the comment. 

Maybe my Problem was a little bit unprecise. 

So the Problem is the same, but i want to delete the Backup itself after successfull upload automatically so that i will not run out of space. 

Thanks for Help :)

Hi,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Just so we understand correctly, your backup location is running out of space and you would like to be able to save the backup file into the cloud and delete the most recent backup that is on prem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Backup-Noob There’s no built-in way of achieving this. In your scale-out repository, you will always have at least one active backup chain in the performance tier. If you only want to have backups available in the cloud, you could directly point your backup job to Wasabi. But I wouldn’t recommend to got this way as you will be fully dependent on this cloud backup and violate the 3-2-1 rule.

What issue do you have with storing the backups locally first?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Backup-Noob when the second full backup is created, the first full backup file and incremental backup files will offload to the capacity tier, and keep the metadata only at the performance tier. So you need to ensure the local storage have enough space for 2 full back files + incremental files. If you are using incremental forever and the backup files will sync to the capacity tier and won’t be offload from the performance tier (local).

Comment