Skip to main content

How to add all Physical server to Veeam one monitor for report generation?

What do you mean by Physical Server? Do you mean hypervisor hosts? Or Window/Linux/… Hosts?

What do you mean by Physical Server? Do you mean hypervisor hosts? Or Window/Linux/… Hosts?

We have 7 Physical server where as 5 are windows and 2 are Linux server. no virtual environment 

If I did not miss some fundamental information, I would say, currently it is not possible to monitor non-vSphere/Hyper-V physicals hosts.

Community, please correct me, if I am wrong here.

I think you are correct @vNote42

We have 7 Physical server where as 5 are windows and 2 are Linux server. no virtual environment 

I have to say, up to now, I did not see an environment backed up by Veeam without any hypervisor .. . except some stand-alone hosts and notebooks (like mine).

One wild and weird way to monitor windows at least, is to enable the hyper-v role but not use it as a hypervisor :). Seems a little much though but I did this once, I can’t remember the reason why.

One wild and weird way to monitor windows at least, is to enable the hyper-v role but not use it as a hypervisor :). Seems a little much though but I did this once, I can’t remember the reason why.

That is one really great thought @Geoff Burke nice one!

That is one really great thought @Geoff Burke nice one!

I did get some flack from the security guy saying that I had needlessly increased the “windows attack surface” i.e. nothing comes without a cost :)

Nice idea! But from a security perspective, I would not recommend this! @dhawankar you would still have 2 un-monitored linux hosts :wink:

Nice idea! But from a security perspective, I would not recommend this! @dhawankar you would still have 2 un-monitored linux hosts :wink:

Unless they are RedHat then just install KVM 🙂 going forward :) 

Nice idea! But from a security perspective, I would not recommend this! @dhawankar you would still have 2 un-monitored linux hosts :wink:

Unless they are RedHat then just install KVM 🙂 going forward :) 

Those 2Linux machine are centOS v7.9 @vNote42  yes I can understand that security is a Major Concern, but we always need to find some workaround to make thing work for us :grin::innocent:

Comment