Solved

Rebuild Database After Veeam B&R V11 upgrade. Regedit command?

Userlevel 4

Hi All. Hope you great. I most likely corrupted my veeam DB after upgrade. Even after repository re-scan my Veeam B&R is upset with my default repository. I recall there was a regedit command to force veeam to rebuild its DB. If anyone can help I will really appreciate it. Here is the error as attached.

I would love to solve this. If anyone can assist.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 21 June 2021, 23:31

View original

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Pegasus 

I believe the registry command was for Enterprise Manager.  For Veeam itself you can run the DBConfig utility to create a new DB - Using Veeam.Backup.DBConfig.exe Utility - Veeam Backup Guide for vSphere

Just change the DB name to a new one - 

Userlevel 4

Awesome you the man!. Let me try that. After I create the new DB do restore the configuration backup again? I really appreciate your help.

Sincerely

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome you the man!. Let me try that. After I create the new DB do restore the configuration backup again? I really appreciate your help.

Sincerely

Jay

Yeah once you create the new DB you can do a Config Backup restore again if needed.  Then I would suggest to clean up the unused DBs from the SQL server.  :grinning:

@Pegasus - also if this works be sure to mark my reply as the answer so others will know.

Userlevel 4

Perfect let me give it a try. Will report in . Doing it now.

Jay

Userlevel 4

Great I am waiting for the DB to sync before I Enable the Jobs. I think where I could of gone wrong before- During the restore process I did not select the password of the local server (Default Repository) - but rather chose a NAS. I hope the default repository's will work now as I gave it that password asked (If the password has changed) I hope that makes sense. Lets see it is Syncing. Ill report in soon.

Jay

Userlevel 4

About 9TB of backups on the default repository so I imagine this process will take some time?

Thanks so much guys! Lets see what happens.

Jay

Userlevel 4

We here now:

Userlevel 4

Okay here we go. It failed on a import of:

2021-06-21 11:12:09 PM Warning    Failed to import backup path J:|Backup|VMPASTEL2012|VMPASTEL2012.vbm Details: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_GuestDatabase'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Backup.Model.GuestDatabase'. The duplicate key value is (f77f2176-00fd-4c3d-a546-e53fcd08cdc8).

J: Is local/ Default repository. Im not too sure how to fix this error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Okay here we go. It failed on a import of:

2021-06-21 11:12:09 PM Warning    Failed to import backup path J:|Backup|VMPASTEL2012|VMPASTEL2012.vbm Details: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_GuestDatabase'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Backup.Model.GuestDatabase'. The duplicate key value is (f77f2176-00fd-4c3d-a546-e53fcd08cdc8).

J: Is local/ Default repository. Im not too sure how to fix this error.

This is a DB update issue for one VM. Might be better to recreate the job for this one and a new record in the database.  If it is only this one that is pretty good.

If you need this fixed then Support is the next avenue.

Userlevel 4

Great I can do that. Now the import of the backups to this Job? Bit scared :D

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great I can do that. Now the import of the backups to this Job? Bit scared :D

Jay

You should be good. 😁

Userlevel 4

Thanks so much for the help. It mostly restored all of it. I will get the others going again. I really appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Pegasus that is great and glad to help. Remember to mark my answer if it was good. 😁

Comment