VBR: Immutable object storage with Wasabi

Show first post

31 comments

Hi All,

I’m wondering if anyone has replicated data from a standard Wasabi bucket to a immutable Wasabi bucket and changed over the scale out repo in Veeam?

If this has been tried has there been any issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi All,

I’m wondering if anyone has replicated data from a standard Wasabi bucket to a immutable Wasabi bucket and changed over the scale out repo in Veeam?

Never tried this but if you do and it works let us know.  Might be an easy way to move data.

Hi All,

Never tried this but if you do and it works let us know.  Might be an easy way to move data.

It would be using the Wasabi bucket replication, then rescanning the bucket in Veeam - just curious how Veeam would handle the data when the bucket is sync’d and if it would match up the recovery points.

Wasabi Bucket Replication - Wasabi 

Just one question, if we need more than 30 day of immutability… like 365 day how can you setup this ? What is the best practice to do that ? Thx in advanced for you answers ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just one question, if we need more than 30 day of immutability… like 365 day how can you setup this ? What is the best practice to do that ? Thx in advanced for you answers ;)

If you are using Wasabi that is set within Veeam versus Wasabi.  You just need to enable Immutability on the bucket in Wasabi, then set your retention settings in Veeam to what you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GregCloke From a technical perspective it will be interesting to see if this works.

From Veeam's perspective this will be unsupported. Veeam suggests to start with a new bucket and either create new backup chains or copy the existing backups from within Veeam. Everything else could lead to unpredictable issues. If you really need to go this way, I would contact support before and see if there's a supported way if achieving this.

Comment