VBR: Immutable object storage with Wasabi

Show first post

31 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Brilliant post @regnor Really simple and straightforward to implement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great post.  I use Wasabi and have it configured on my homelab in a SOBR.  Really great for just my small things I test and my upload to Wasabi is almost a full 1GB speed which is nice.  😎

I have seen new the new dialog as I am using v12 Beta2 for testing. 😁

Their performance so far has been really more than ok. During a restore to Azure I’ve seen ~2Gbit/s in parallel.

@MicoolPaul In v12 you don’t event need to enter the URLs as they’re hardcoded; only the region needs to be entered. Storing the backups at a different provider makes sense; not only because of the different infrastructure but also the seperation of access/control.

Wow 2GB very nice! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Great post.  I use Wasabi and have it configured on my homelab in a SOBR.  Really great for just my small things I test and my upload to Wasabi is almost a full 1GB speed which is nice.  😎

Their performance so far has been really more than ok. During a restore to Azure I’ve seen ~2Gbit/s in parallel.

@MicoolPaul In v12 you don’t event need to enter the URLs as they’re hardcoded; only the region needs to be entered. Storing the backups at a different provider makes sense; not only because of the different infrastructure but also the seperation of access/control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @drews they are talking about you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great article @regnor! I love that Wasabi is a first class citizen now in v12, nice to see something other than the hyperscalers being name dropped!

Appreciate you collating the support materials too for endpoint names etc, gonna be using Wasabi for my M365 backup (I don’t like the idea of backing up M365 to Azure personally), so I’ll be using this to speed through gathering that detail!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Comment