veeam 365 back up

Userlevel 3

As mentioned i am slowly learning Veaam infrastructure,. and ensuring everythhing in our current system is working, 

In the process a client upgraded from 9.5 to 12,.  but hit issues and uninstalled everything and reinstalled,. however we provide 365 back up with storage,. 

this client isn’t a normall managed client and they only pay for licenses, but i need to get this back up and running for them,. i have the 365 server  (running 365 v7 and B&R v 12but i am unsure how he connects to store? 

feel i am over thinking this one slightly and their is a simple answer that isn’t involve b&R

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You will need to set up your Proxies and Repositories in the VB365 console.  That is where everything 365 is done and nothing is done in VBR.

You will also add the Organization connection and then configure jobs for the backups to the added repos.

Everything is here - About Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 - Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Guide

Userlevel 4
Badge

As mentioned i am slowly learning Veaam infrastructure,. and ensuring everythhing in our current system is working, 

In the process a client upgraded from 9.5 to 12,.  but hit issues and uninstalled everything and reinstalled,. however we provide 365 back up with storage,. 

this client isn’t a normall managed client and they only pay for licenses, but i need to get this back up and running for them,. i have the 365 server  (running 365 v7 and B&R v 12but i am unsure how he connects to store? 

feel i am over thinking this one slightly and their is a simple answer that isn’t involve b&R

If you are installing the o365 software onto a fresh build of Windows you have to bear in mind that sometimes ports are blocked and sometimes the WinRM must be enabled.  I am sure all of this is covered in the Veeam documentation but I understand they are not paying you to sit down and read books so if you did not pay proper attention to the installation guidance you might have missed something like this.  The software itself when you are in the o365 GUI is simple to use so I don’t think your question is about that? 

Userlevel 3

hi thanks for the documentation and feedback,

I did try to look into the documentation but i was looking for the wrong information,. I was looking for information of connecting b&R to 365 server to browse the information,. but as i have found you actually need the 365 explorer then connect to the service provider server with the correct credentials for office 365 

Userlevel 4
Badge

yep.  It is a bit weird but the explorers look like separate components.  I guess there is a technical reason why the explorers are separate from the main o365 console.  If the explorers are not installed and up to date there will be problems… particularly with restorations… perhaps also with backup itself… I can’t remember. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

hi thanks for the documentation and feedback,

I did try to look into the documentation but i was looking for the wrong information,. I was looking for information of connecting b&R to 365 server to browse the information,. but as i have found you actually need the 365 explorer then connect to the service provider server with the correct credentials for office 365 

Yes, there is no connectivity from VBR to O365 at all.  There is the separate console for O365. 😁

Comment