Welcome and Introductions

• 27 January 2022
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everyone,

Great news!

With the new year 2022 we also launch a new initiative at our Veeam-community and this especially for the Veeamers from Belgium and Luxembourg!

Sadly enough not to order your personal stack of free Veeam-swag, but hey… never say never 😉.

Registered people are potentially a partner or customer and loves the software from Veeam. With this nice mix it also creates an ideal opportunity to sync or connect with peers.
This belux(only)-forum can be used to ask questions and see how others think about your idea or provide it with possible solutions. Because within our territory we noticed needs, strategies and visions can be completely different per region… and even per country.

There is also an idea-box-post, feel free to share your wildest (but reasonable-and-executable) dream for a first post-pandemic-VUG-meeting.

I was assigned to lead this VUG.
In this group I will get big help and assistance from Stijn Marivoet (SE from Veeeam at Belgium). He will introduce himself of course...
Through this way : a big thank you Stijn !!!

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Nico Losschaert and I'm working as a system consultant at Orbid (MSP in Belgium) especially for the SMB-market in the Flanders.
I'm allround experienced but my specialties are backup, disaster recovery, virtualization and remote desktop services.
Next to that I am a Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA) and Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE).
I have also the title of Veeam Legend (at this moment the only one in Belgium and Luxembourg).
I love and stand for determining and implementing Best Practices!
I love doing the whole concept : architecture, design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, documentation, ...

Looking forward to meet similar people (especially from Belgium and Luxembourg).

Please introduce yourself.

The language being used in this VUG is English (by preference because of the French speaking persons) and Dutch.

Looking forward to it.

regards,
Nico

5 comments

Good initiative! Success !

What does the title “Veeam Legend” cover ? :grinning:

Badge +4

Good initiative! Success !

What does the title “Veeam Legend” cover ? :grinning:

Hi, and welcome…
well… there is a legends program on the community. So it is up to you to make it challenging for Nico to earn the title next year as well :-).

More info here: 

in very short: be a fan, blog, announce, assist,… and while doing all of that you will earn points. When you are at the top at the end of the year then your earn the yearly title and receive special Veeam Swag, insights on roadmap, special sessions if I’m not mistaking and access to a dedicated part of the forum.

Even me as a employee of Veeam I have no clue what is going on there. Places are limited, so defenitly worth something.

veeam-goodies for legends only: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6878333029878652928/

and if I’m not mistaking some have received the veeam-shoes as well… (but that might have been another contest)

Badge +4

quick intro from my part as most have met me in the past allready.  I’m Stijn. System Engineer at Veeam. I interact with partners and clients and try to assist where possible/needed when new projects appear.

I try to maintain a as-good-as-possible relationship. preferable chitchat and tech only, by default no licensing for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

For your convenience I’ve made a website that can be used for demo purposes www.veeamclick.be or to be used if you don’t have access on a homelab. 

In the near future I’ll try to do my best to get some funding from both marketing and management to do something with the VUG(see other idea-box-post→ your input is required).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It’s always a big happy event when a new VUG is born.

Great job everyone!

And for free swag… for today, some free Veeam’s comic books: :wink:
https://bddy.me/3pgerCM

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @marcofabbri !

Comment