Veeam Community Recap #110

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This week @Madi.Cristil and RICKATRON are back at it under relatively normal circumstances, until next week that is! Great rundown of shared content and special department news. Check out this week’s episode:

The Links

via @vSyntaxError 

via @marco_s 

via @marcofabbri 

Special Department News

For V12 users wanting to leverage Microsoft Azure Immutability in Veeam Backup & Replication V12, please see this KB article on how to correctly set it up on the Azure side (in regards to storage account and container configuration):

KB4416: How to Configure Azure Storage Account to Leverage Immutability with Veeam Backup & Replication

via @marco_s (Twice in one recap!)

via @AdamMazouz and @Geoff Burke 

via @Madi.Cristil 

Key update from @safiya 

via @Madi.Cristil 

Congratulations to everyone featured and all of the new Legends and Vanguards for 2023! We’ll be back with Who’s New next week!

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap and so many mentions. Congrats to all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats to all, great recap this week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil , it is an honor to be part of this community!

I hope I can always find some time to make useful posts for everyone! 💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Awesome recap as always!

You always make my day between meetings, Fridays are tough dough!

I usually keep them “read only”, same as Mondays.  😂

cheers-

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Another great recap! Congrats to all 🤝

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great RECAP! Thank you @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil. Great argument from Rick. The issue with Windows Defender is that it does not actually have a management platform for on-premise environment except you are utilising Intune or 3rd party solution. There are 3rd party tools for managing Windows Defender Antivirus and I recently tested Aargo ACMP. It is a great tool but I actually have some comments about this. 

Microsoft Defender Anti Virus to be honest is sufficient, but for defence in-depth, I would like both solution to run simultaneously. Microsoft Anti virus works passively if you have a 3rd party antivirus solution in place.

If you use Microsoft Defender only, I have a lot of best practices guides on how to correctly enable all security features to ensure you are correctly protected. https://techdirectarchive.com/2022/12/15/how-to-protect-microsoft-defender-security-settings-with-tamper-protection-on-mac-and-windows-part-2/

Lastly, congrats to every one who made the RECAP! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Enjoyed the recap @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil ! Wasn’t aware of the Badge post by @safiya . Was so great to see that. Congrats to the highlighted members on their great posts. Have a great weekend all!

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s amazing to see that community members are sharing such valuable and useful content. This will be my second favorite show to watch at the end of the week 😇

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s amazing to see that community members are sharing such valuable and useful content. This will be my second favorite show to watch at the end of the week 😇

And your most favorite show is? When I may ask 😎

Userlevel 3
Badge

@JMeixner It is Formula 1 weekend. So that would be my number 1 favorite show for this week 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@JMeixner It is Formula 1 weekend. So that would be my number 1 favorite show for this week 

Yes, that’s interesting, too.

But it’s not on free TV in Germany anymore. 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx for this nice recap and congrats to the ones being mentioned!

Comment