Kubernetes Storage with Rook-Ceph

• 5 September 2021
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Wrote another storage related blog last week around Rook for Kubernetes block storage… perfect for labbing!

https://anthonyspiteri.net/rook-ceph-backed-object-storage-for-kubernetes-install-and-configure/

YouTube walkthrough here: 

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Time to lab

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Excellent piece! . Anthony installed the external snapshoter which I know confuses people sometimes when they suppose that it is part of the core api. A lot of distributions will take care of installing those for you. By the way if json is intimidating to you, the dashboard password you can also get by doing. 

kubectl -n rook-ceph get secret rook-ceph-dashboard-password -oyaml

This will bring up the yaml where the base64 encoded password is 

The do a:

echo fktWJFRRPWRWfW02IVNBJihuKDM= | base64 -d

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So many things to try in lab 😎

I have to ask for a time off to do this all 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Anthony installed the external snapshoter which I know confuses people sometimes when they suppose that it is part of the core api. A lot of distributions will take care of installing those for you. By the way if json is intimidating to you, the dashboard password you can also get by doing. 

This is the part that stumped me for almost ever with Kubernetes setups… and only really clicked in the last couple of weeks. Think I even mention that in the YouTube walkthrough… I wish that this finds it’s way into some of the managed Kubernetes platforms I use like Platform9, Jelastic and Rafay.

Comment