Solved

Kasten multiple export locations

Userlevel 2

Hi team,

I’d like to know how to handle multiple export locations.

Do we need to keep it at a storage level? Is it supported with NFS storage (where replication is handled at storage level) with different IP addressing? Can we use an import policy pointing to the “DR IP” of the replicated storage NFS volume?

Thank you.

Mattia

icon

Best answer by FRubens 29 May 2023, 17:12

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 2

Any suggestions? @FRubens @Geoff Burke  may you help on this?
Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @mparise-sorintlab ,

Thank you for using K10 community!

K10 policy is able to export just to one external target, if you want to replicate the data inside the external profile (NFS,S3) on storage level, that is no problem, but you must keep the main NFS profile on K10 active/updated, if you have any changes to the location profile like IP or anything, the location profile must be updated.

The replication that is done in the storage level does not affect K10 export at all, if nothing is being changed in the source, we are exporting to the location profile selected in the policy (NFS,S3…), if there are no changes to the path, location the export should work without issues.

If your NFS is replicating to another NFS server (DR) in the backend, and you want to use DR NFS during an import in another cluster, you can add a location profile using the NFS DR settings (IP,path…), and while creating the import policy, you can select the NFS DR profile from the list, just make sure the data was replicated and there are no changes in the structure.

I.e.:

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

FRubens

Userlevel 2

Thank you! This is exactly the confirmation I was looking for.

Thank you so much @FRubens.

Have a great day!

Comment