Where to blog?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

After a hiatus of wild IT academia activity and other events I want to get back to doing some posts. I am thinking of setting up a separate blog and then linking on to here like I noticed some people do. Looking for any recommendations on where to host my blog from the experts here? Thanks Geoff

73 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Geoff Burke hope you know what you’re getting for free here! Some people would pay good money for this kind of creative team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Geoff Burke hope you know what you’re getting for free here! Some people would pay good money for this kind of creative team!

Yes but it is the thrill of creativity that engages people to contribute pro bono, like opensource.. although that argument did not work very well with my real estate agent or $500 and hour lawyer :(. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Love it (my own ADD TO CART).. this is getting me excited now ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ok after numerous (gratis 🙂 ) consultations with @MicoolPaul he has convinced me to keep the title simple, lean and mean. It is the content that needs to shine! Anyways, here it goes. I will try to make this not only IT technical but entertaining as well.

http://geoffburkeblog.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Woohhooo!! Congrats, @Geoff Burke!! :dancer_tone2::sparkles:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ok after numerous (gratis 🙂 ) consultations with @MicoolPaul he has convinced me to keep the title simple, lean and mean. It is the content that needs to shine! Anyways, here it goes. I will try to make this not only IT technical but entertaining as well.

Simple is usually the way.  Congrats and will bookmark it as well as subscribe. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Simple is usually the way.  Congrats and will bookmark it as well as subscribe. :sunglasses:

He said he will be sharing also in the community… This will be great as we will be able to learn from his wealth of K8...

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ok folks, this was harder than I thought. Kept getting caught between the “dummy” easy builder and then being thrown into Wordpress. Please be gentle this is my first attempt at web site building and is obviously a big work in progress. For now just a short story but soon some tech posts. Also interested @Kseniya how best to link posts as I see some people do here, i.e. write on their blog but have it here too kind of thing. Anyways, let the amateur hour begin :). I hope to grow at this with time. 

https://geoffburkeblog.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ok folks, this was harder than I thought. Kept getting caught between the “dummy” easy builder and then being thrown into Wordpress. Please be gentle this is my first attempt at web site building and is obviously a big work in progress. For now just a short story but soon some tech posts. Also interested @Kseniya how best to link posts as I see some people do here, i.e. write on their blog but have it here too kind of thing. Anyways, let the amateur hour begin :). I hope to grow at this with time. 

Very nice and looking forward to following your blog. :sunglasses:

There are rules around linking blogs but I am sure Kseniya will answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ok folks, this was harder than I thought. Kept getting caught between the “dummy” easy builder and then being thrown into Wordpress. Please be gentle this is my first attempt at web site building and is obviously a big work in progress. For now just a short story but soon some tech posts. Also interested @Kseniya how best to link posts as I see some people do here, i.e. write on their blog but have it here too kind of thing. Anyways, let the amateur hour begin :). I hope to grow at this with time. 

Very nice and looking forward to following your blog. :sunglasses:

There are rules around linking blogs but I am sure Kseniya will answer.

ok good to know. If worse comes to worse I will just keep things separate :), more practice that way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Congratulations on the birth of your blog@Geoff Burke! 🥳 I think I remember this Backup Execution Software you were referring to 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congratulations on the birth of your blog@Geoff Burke! 🥳 I think I remember this Backup Execution Software you were referring to 😄

:) Burke Law Dept. just advised Disclaimer: "The Software in this piece is fictitious, Any resemblance to Software living or dead is purely coincidental."

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

:) Burke Law Dept. just advised Disclaimer: "The Software in this piece is fictitious, Any resemblance to Software living or dead is purely coincidental."

🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So judging by Linkedin and Twitter the way to get tons of hits on your blog is to post swag photos with  cool little sayings or made up tunes. My super swag post of Veeam shoes, Kasten jacket, Veeam mask thing and Veeam Legends hat broke all of my previous “like and views” records. Far outshining any technical genius I thought I had :joy: . Imagine if I had added the Veeam Legend Socks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So judging by Linkedin and Twitter the way to get tons of hits on your blog is to post swag photos with  cool little sayings or made up tunes. My super swag post of Veeam shoes, Kasten jacket, Veeam mask thing and Veeam Legends hat broke all of my previous “like and views” records. Far outshining any technical genius I thought I had :joy: . Imagine if I had added the Veeam Legend Socks! 

This is the way, @Geoff Burke :smile:

@Kseniya how best to link posts as I see some people do here, i.e. write on their blog but have it here too kind of thing. Anyways, let the amateur hour begin :). I hope to grow at this with time. 

First, congratulations Geoff! :clap_tone3::sparkles:

I added a few useful links about publishing rules below - but long story short: you can publish your blog articles here, but it isn’t allowed just to share the link. We ask that since most community members prefer to stay here, read content and have discussions here (this is one of the main reasons bloggers love publishing content on Community Hub, because of engagement and feedback)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Congratulations !

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This is the way, @Geoff Burke :smile:

@Kseniya how best to link posts as I see some people do here, i.e. write on their blog but have it here too kind of thing. Anyways, let the amateur hour begin :). I hope to grow at this with time. 

I added a few useful links about publishing rules below - but long story short: you can publish your blog articles here, but it isn’t allowed just to share the link. We ask that since most community members prefer to stay here, read content and have discussions here (this is one of the main reasons bloggers love publishing content on Community Hub, because of engagement and feedback)

@Kseniya thanks for that. I think I will just write more blog posts, some on mine some here. Practice makes perfect so the more the better :) 

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Kseniya thanks for that. I think I will just write more blog posts, some on mine some here. Practice makes perfect so the more the better :) 

cheers

Sounds like a great plan, Geoff! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is the way, @Geoff Burke :smile:

cheers

Or write it on your blog then copy/paste here.  :yum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is the way I am trying to do 😎

Ok, I buildup my site at the moment, but I want to keep “my” articles at one place together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is the way I am trying to do 😎

Ok, I buildup my site at the moment, but I want to keep “my” articles at one place together.

I just did this with my VMCA 2022 exam review blog. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I am going to try and keep two separate streams. My worry is that the Veeam Hub is so attractive that my blog will be ignored :grinning: if I post the same thing. So my blog will have stories and maybe more deep kubernetes topics and here more related to backup and intro. I need all the practice that I can get so that helps too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I am going to try and keep two separate streams. My worry is that the Veeam Hub is so attractive that my blog will be ignored :grinning: if I post the same thing. So my blog will have stories and maybe more deep kubernetes topics and here more related to backup and intro. I need all the practice that I can get so that helps too. 

Yes, you can't enough practise 😎

I like it very much that you can get feedback and tips tight away from the first post on and don't have to wait for the first users discovering your blog site...

Comment