Question

What would you put into a Veeam training course?

• 18 November 2020
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you were creating your very own Veeam training course what would you include, what would you focus on? 

If you have sat the VMCE training already, what you add more of or remove?

What do you think are the essentials, that everyone should know about when working with Veeam?

9 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

If you were creating your very own Veeam training course what would you include, what would you focus on? 

What do you think are the essentials, that everyone should know about when working with Veeam?

I would not get anything, In my opinion for the students and the Instructor the enhanced of the Labs was great, is more Agile …. and identify key veeam components is essential for everyone.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think I would focus on the tasks that would make the attendee and better Veeam admin. More details about troubleshooting within the logs is something I would add. Also a section about setting up Surebackup (one of the most under used features). 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Indeed, more infos about SureBackup would be good as well as troubleshooting, maybe even licensing.

Another topic which wasnt deeply enough covered (afai remember) was Tape-Backup.

For the ADO course tape infrastructure sizing woud be nice, though I know there maybe less and less customers using tape.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I think I would focus on the tasks that would make the attendee and better Veeam admin. More details about troubleshooting within the logs is something I would add. Also a section about setting up Surebackup (one of the most under used features). 

Good point @Cragdoo ! I think that in VMCA there is an in-depth module Logs and Troubleshooting, I think that is why in this course common problems are mentioned or how to obtain logs of the different components ... and as an instructor I was learning which modules to spend more time on, surebackup is one of them, the student should not finish the course with doubts in that module :muscle:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Indeed, more infos about SureBackup would be good as well as troubleshooting, maybe even licensing.

Another topic which wasnt deeply enough covered (afai remember) was Tape-Backup.

For the ADO course tape infrastructure sizing woud be nice, though I know there maybe less and less customers using tape.

In my region, the customer are still considering Tape in their Infra, but yes, I think may be this module could be more depth...

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m not afraid to admit that I am a Green Horn.  I was the last to join our SysAdmin Team and was Designated the “Backup Guy”.  My project was to migrate from Backup Exec to Veeam. 

If I were to create my own Veeam Training Course,  I would include migrating from Current State (Backup Exec) to Veeam.  I would also include expanding your infrastructure as requirements change.

For me and My team it is essential to stop thinking Veeam works like another an other Product (Backup Exec.

I think it is essential to be aware of the foundation of the infrastructure of Veeam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you for taking the time to write up your feedback @DerekA, really love it! Could you expand a bit further on the “I would include migrating from Current State (Backup Exec) to Veeam”, maybe provide an example or two to make sure we understood correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Indeed, more info about SureBackup would be good

I’m a big SureBackup fan :) Could you provide some scenario(s) or examples of info that you had in mind?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Also a section about setting up Surebackup (one of the most underused features). 

I know you had a chance to sit the current v10 class, so wanted to try and check if you thought a future class should go more in-depth on SureBackup? What would you like to see more?

Comment