Vote for Veeam System Requirements for v12!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Morning,

Just a quick one that I saw on @Gostev’s “The Word from Gostev” that there are big plans to review the platforms and products supported by Veeam. This is a full overview from Hypervisors to application aware processing and physical agent support so please make sure to air your opinion here as it impacts all of us:

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/system-requirements-for-our-2022-release-t72617.html

44 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I loved Blake’s reply to this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@BertrandFR ...stay tuned!..is all I’ll say ;)

@regnor ...interestingly enough, my Win10 VM just auto-restarted 2 days ago to upgrade itself to a new build. I’m with you...can’t stay current with what MS rolls out. And, think each new one is pointless. I don’t like how Win Update changed the past few yrs not allowing us to choose what we think is needed (update-wise) for our own systems/apps. Eh well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MicoolPaul ...going into an office will *ALWAYS* be a thing for me. Can’t stand WFH! :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul ...going into an office will *ALWAYS* be a thing for me. Can’t stand WFH! :/

I’m the complete opposite, unless I’m deploying infrastructure, I’m connected remotely to someone’s machine anyway, so my job is no different where in the world I do that from. I get less distracted at home as I can disable Teams and avoid constant spamming of messages, and crucially I get to see my family when I take comfort breaks or walk my dogs on a lunch break.

There’s always benefits to each but for me the office is a social space now, not a work space. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

A lotta folks feel the same as you I think. Just not me 😁 I *need* the social interaction. But, I can end it quickly if needed when work needs to get done. I don't do much h/w work either...only during refresh or rare new implementations. I could easily work from home, if we were allowed to, but I prefer not to.

Cheers bud. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Nope this is next, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

By the way if you are feeling old and want to take a walk down memory lane, here is a great site https://archiveos.org

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

😂 Good stuff @Geoff Burke haha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nope this is next, 

:rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Actually OS/2 Warp 4 was pretty hard core. I worked a bit on it in the 90’s and pretty rock solid. Novel Netware’s directory Service I liked quite a bit too for its time. Way ahead of MS AD which came later. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Actually OS/2 Warp 4 was pretty hard core. I worked a bit on it in the 90’s and pretty rock solid. Novel Netware’s directory Service I liked quite a bit too for its time. Way ahead of MS AD which came later. 

Well, Novel was ahead of its time. … or MS was behind the times :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

NDS was ok; but was generally just another layer on AD (how orgs I worked for used it)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nope this is next, 

Hey, you got my Desktop wallpaper :sunglasses:

I liked Warp 4 very much and worked a lot with it at banks and assurances in Germany… Oh, oh, I am getting old. Grampa talks about the war….:sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@regnor ...interestingly enough, my Win10 VM just auto-restarted 2 days ago to upgrade itself to a new build. I’m with you...can’t stay current with what MS rolls out. And, think each new one is pointless. I don’t like how Win Update changed the past few yrs not allowing us to choose what we think is needed (update-wise) for our own systems/apps. Eh well.

I would even go as far and say I don't like anything about Windows Updates at all 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I cannot disagree with that comment @regnor 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I cannot disagree with that comment @regnor 😁

Well now that’s unfair. It was great the one time it installed, without issue, without an automatic reboot and without breaking anything! Or that might’ve been MacOS X 🤷 I remember there being a 10… now I think about it, it was a Mac, ignore me! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I cannot disagree with that comment @regnor 😁

Well now that’s unfair. It was great the one time it installed, without issue, without an automatic reboot and without breaking anything! Or that might’ve been MacOS X 🤷 I remember there being a 10… now I think about it, it was a Mac, ignore me! 😉

Sure it wasn't Windows but anything else. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Nope this is next, 

Hey, you got my Desktop wallpaper :sunglasses:

I liked Warp 4 very much and worked a lot with it at banks and assurances in Germany… Oh, oh, I am getting old. Grampa talks about the war….:sunglasses:

ah you mean the *nix vs MS battles :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would even go as far and say I don't like anything about Windows Updates at all 🤣

Uncle Bill always knows best,, now hide that program data folder from the kids quick :) 

Comment