VMCE Study group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if people would be interested in creating a VMCE study group. I will be honest this time around I am a bit terrified of this exam. For one thing the last number of years my study focus has been on something else (I wonder what that is), I am naturally not great at these things just work double in order to try and be included in with the real smart folks 😃, plus the amount of changes in V12 will prevent me from winging it on previously acquired knowledge in older VMCEs and work experience.

Obviously this would not be a “dump” zone or “point you to the answer from the test” cheating location, but instead a group creating questions, helping to understand fuzzy issues and most importantly giving support to people like me who have been petrified of exams/tests ever since kindergarten🤣. 

I led a CKA group study over on Kodekloud for a few Months and it was a lot of fun. We had bi-weekly calls (could have been Monthly to be honest) and some of the study techniques I learned from people were things I would have never guessed. One fellow from India gave us really interesting insights on our breathing techniques during tests that I was pretty impressed by. If you hit  a few tough questions in a row your breathing can speed up which in turn adds to your anxiety which triggers fight or flight… the results are often making simple mistakes due to lack of calm concentration. 

At the end of the day we are all human, some of us are naturally better at math, some at poetry BUT we all have the ability with the right guidance and training to become wizards in any area we choose.

Maybe even @safiya could create a VMCE Study group badge 😍. 

I hope I am not rocking the VCME boat here too much :) . Maybe we can have a silent vote.

Would you be interested in joining a VMCE Study group?

63 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for doing this @Geoff Burke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy to take part in this as I’m currently studying for my exam 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thank you for doing this @Geoff Burke 

Well I think we would have an overwhelming consensus on who should be like member number 1 .. I don’t think a poll would even be necessary. 

Joking aside any help from Mr. VMCE… would be a huge benefit for us!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Absolutely would join a group.  Keep us updated on status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ll join as well. I don’t need it this year, but I’d like to take it again in the spring.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I will join for sure, Thank you @Geoff Burke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d help, but just took and thankfully passed it this morning! Am more than happy to still offer any help though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’d help, but just took and thankfully passed it this morning! Am more than happy to still offer any help though.

Congrats Shane.  Looking forward to your review. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Shane is a rock star!! What did you use to prepare and how much time did you dedicate to it?

I think if this was to become a group it would be ongoing and help from those who passed would be a big benefit. Obviously we can’t hear questions and answers but areas of study and what people did to prepare (like create flash cards or something else of that nature) I think would be ok. Let’s see what the Hub’s managers say :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks @Chris.Childerhose ; appreciate it @Geoff Burke 😊 I’m indeed more than happy to assist. Post coming momentarily….

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh wow I’m seriously interested to this to deepen all the exam topics. 

Thanks @Geoff Burke for your idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Shane is a rock star!! What did you use to prepare and how much time did you dedicate to it?

I think if this was to become a group it would be ongoing and help from those who passed would be a big benefit. Obviously we can’t hear questions and answers but areas of study and what people did to prepare (like create flash cards or something else of that nature) I think would be ok. Let’s see what the Hub’s managers say :) 

Shane posted his review and study recommendations - VMCE 2023 Review by Shane

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks Chris. And one thing I forgot to write in my review (but just now added), was my end-of-exam results. They didn’t display on screen after I ended my exam. I freaked out wondering if I did something wrong, clicked too quick, or something! 😂 So, just be aware, results, at least for me, were not immediate. It took about 5mins for the score report to get finalized and put in your Pearson account. You’ll get an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Chris. And one thing I forgot to write in my review (but just now added), was my end-of-exam results. They didn’t display on screen after I ended my exam. I freaked out wondering if I did something wrong, clicked too quick, or something! 😂 So, just be aware, results, at least for me, were not immediate. It took about 5mins for the score report to get finalized and put in your Pearson account. You’ll get an email.

So very similar to the VCAPs for VMware.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes; altho for the VCAPs, it took several days...not minutes; unless they’ve significantly reduced time to results? I haven’t taken a VCAP in like a decade...literally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes; altho for the VCAPs, it took several days...not minutes; unless they’ve significantly reduced time to results? I haven’t taken a VCAP in like a decade...literally.

Well, I will let you know hopefully before year end as I want to take at least the Deploy hoping to squeeze in Design too to get my VCIX.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m in folks. 👽

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Excellent initiative, Geoff!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I like the idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Soooooo, when will we start? 🤓

PS.

Just read all comments just now, congrats @coolsport00 !! 😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Late to the party but I’m keen to get in on this :D Need to sit the v12 exam myself

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Even later to the party… 😎 I would be glad to be part of a study group for the new VMCE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hey everyone, we will have an update about this in January. It is the end of the year and I know there are a lot of organisational things that need to be done but things are looking good. Again this group would be for folks who are planning to take the VMCE and those who have already passed. The passed folks won’t be here to give answers🤣 but to help guide with study. Also I always think of certifications as big milestones but not the end of the knowledge journey so by participating we keep getting stronger even after we are certified.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey everyone, we will have an update about this in January. It is the end of the year and I know there are a lot of organisational things that need to be done but things are looking good. Again this group would be for folks who are planning to take the VMCE and those who have already passed. The passed folks won’t be here to give answers🤣 but to help guide with study. Also I always think of certifications as big milestones but not the end of the knowledge journey so by participating we keep getting stronger even after we are certified.

Aww man I am taking mine in December (9th) and wanted to get this going.  Ah well I will get it passed then help out in the new year for others.  😎

Comment