VeeamON 2023: A Community Recap

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

VeeamON 2023 has officially concluded! 🎉

The biggest event for data recovery experts brought together community members online and in Miami. Veeam Legends and Vanguards were given the opportunity to travel and join Veeam in-person this year for VeeamON. Over 60 Legends/Vanguards from across the world traveled to Miami this year, as well as 6 VeeaMVPs who were also present in Miami. Let’s recap the community involvement at VeeamON this year.  

Presenters  – VeeamON 2023 had the greatest presence of Veeam community members out of all VeeamONs yet. Over 20 Vanguards/Legends/MVPs presented their ideas and expertise to the public this year. 

Breakout Sessions:

Short Bytes: 15-minute sessions exclusive to Miami attendees. 

Joe Houghes giving his short byte session (Picture from Matt Crape)

Tech Talks: a 30-minute small, casual gathering hosted by Vanguards/Legends. Experts discussed a topic chosen by the host with the goal of building knowledge & networking with VeeamON attendees.

Geoff Burke @Geoff Burke - Catching Kubernetes & Kasten with Veeam Preben Berg @poulpreben - Unlocking the Future of Immutable Backups: Mastering Object Storage wth Veeam
Sander Berkouwer @Sander Berkouwer - What, Why & How to Back Up Data in Microsoft 365 Nico Losschaert @Nico Losschaert - Powering Off-Site Backup at a Service Provider
Thomas Maurer @thomasmaurer - Into the Clouds: Hybrid & Multi-Cloud with Microsoft Azure

Nico Stein @NicBackup - SureBackup & What You Can Do with Veeam Agents

Michael Melter @Michael Melter  - Different Approaches to Immutability of Your Backups Against Ransomware Zane Allyn @allynz206 - Learn All About Recovery Orchestrator 
Shane Williford @coolsport00 - What’s been going ON at VeeamON Chris Childerhose @Chris.Childerhose & Al Rasheed @alrasheed - The Benefits of the Veeam Vanguards & Legends Program

Aside from sessions, you could see the community presence at the Veeam Community Booth inside of the Village Playground. Throughout the week, attendees could visit, grab swag, and speak to V100 members about the Veeam Community. A BIG thank you to all members who came out and joined us at the booth! We would not have been able to pull it off without each of you. 

A big thank you to all of the Veeam Community who made this event remarkable. We greatly appreciate your passion for sharing knowledge and fostering the thriving community Veeam has. As Anand said, Veeam is only #1 because it has the #1 community.  💚

Thank you!

Veeam Community Team

26 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

😻

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap of VeeamON.  Blog post will come for me once things settle and I get back. Must say Universal Studios was great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Really great recap of VeeamON.  Blog post will come for me once things settle and I get back. Must say Universal Studios was great.

Can't wait on your blog, @Chris.Childerhose !

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Fantastic recap of the event @safiya Was an honor to be there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looks amazing, I might do a VeeamON Recap, whereby I play the grumbly bloke that missed out and stayed at home!

Hope everyone had as much fun as it looked! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looks amazing, I might do a VeeamON Recap, whereby I play the grumbly bloke that missed out and stayed at home!

You had some great reasons not be there! But the event was spectacular! 

Will see you in Prague! 😻

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Great recap! It was a great event, enjoyed (re)connecting with many old acquaintances and some new ones - top notch folks! 👊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great times were had by all! :)

Great recap, Safiya!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@safiya That was an amazing write-up. There were so many great sessions. I’m still trying to catch up on ones I missed! It was great meeting you and @Madi.Cristil and so many Veeam100 and VeeaMVPs and product teams and customers. It was a great event. I can’t wait for VeeamON 2024!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great recap.  I’ll be blogging on my review of the event as well, although I have a backlog of work to work my way though before I can get a chance to put it together.  That said, at least both of the proposals I’m working on currently have Veeam included, and both are for products I haven’t really dealt with too much - one is backing up from Veeam Agent direct to Object and the other is backing up a new VM in Azure - both to be managed by the service provider console.  I will say that I feel more prepared for this after attending VeeamON and talking to the fine folks in our Community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I just can’t picture you as a “grumbly bloke”.. hey google! translate grumbly bloke into Canadian Dialect! :)  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@safiya That was an amazing write-up. There were so many great sessions. I’m still trying to catch up on ones I missed! It was great meeting you and @Madi.Cristil and so many Veeam100 and VeeaMVPs and product teams and customers. It was a great event. I can’t wait for VeeamON 2024!

Nice meeting you in person, as well, Hin! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great recap.  I’ll be blogging on my review of the event as well, although I have a backlog of work to work my way though before I can get a chance to put it together.  That said, at least both of the proposals I’m working on currently have Veeam included, and both are for products I haven’t really dealt with too much - one is backing up from Veeam Agent direct to Object and the other is backing up a new VM in Azure - both to be managed by the service provider console.  I will say that I feel more prepared for this after attending VeeamON and talking to the fine folks in our Community!

Share with us some of the things you are learning in the process, Derek! 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It was great being there! Thanks for an awesome event and recap!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The biggest event for data recovery experts brought together community members online and in Miami. Veeam Legends and Vanguards were given the opportunity to travel and join Veeam in-person this year for VeeamON. Over 60 Legends/Vanguards from across the world traveled to Miami this year, as well as 6 VeeaMVPs who were also present in Miami. Let’s recap the community involvement at VeeamON this year.  

Presenters  – VeeamON 2023 had the greatest presence of Veeam community members out of all VeeamONs yet. Over 20 Vanguards/Legends/MVPs presented their ideas and expertise to the public this year. 

Breakout Sessions:

Short Bytes: 15-minute sessions exclusive to Miami attendees. 

Joe Houghes giving his short byte session (Picture from Matt Crape)

Tech Talks: a 30-minute small, casual gathering hosted by Vanguards/Legends. Experts discussed a topic chosen by the host with the goal of building knowledge & networking with VeeamON attendees.

Geoff Burke @Geoff Burke - Catching Kubernetes & Kasten with Veeam Preben Berg @poulpreben - Unlocking the Future of Immutable Backups: Mastering Object Storage wth Veeam
Sander Berkouwer @Sander Berkouwer - What, Why & How to Back Up Data in Microsoft 365 Nico Losschaert @Nico Losschaert - Powering Off-Site Backup at a Service Provider
Thomas Maurer @thomasmaurer - Into the Clouds: Hybrid & Multi-Cloud with Microsoft Azure

Nico Stein @NicBackup - SureBackup & What You Can Do with Veeam Agents

Michael Melter @Michael Melter  - Different Approaches to Immutability of Your Backups Against Ransomware Zane Allyn @allynz - Learn All About Recovery Orchestrator 
Shane Williford @coolsport00 - What’s been going ON at VeeamON Chris Childerhose @Chris.Childerhose & Al Rasheed @alrasheed - The Benefits of the Veeam Vanguards & Legends Program

Aside from sessions, you could see the community presence at the Veeam Community Booth inside of the Village Playground. Throughout the week, attendees could visit, grab swag, and speak to V100 members about the Veeam Community. A BIG thank you to all members who came out and joined us at the booth! We would not have been able to pull it off without each of you. 

A big thank you to all of the Veeam Community who made this event remarkable. We greatly appreciate your passion for sharing knowledge and fostering the thriving community Veeam has. As Anand said, Veeam is only #1 because it has the #1 community.  💚

Thank you!

Veeam Community Team

Thanks @safiya for the recap! It was awesome and further demonstrated the bond our group has! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What a beautiful recap @safiya, really nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I liked the last picture 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great RECAP @safiya! Astonishing. I have the same idea. All sessions I attended were photographed so I could create a piece similar to yours. Thank you for taking the lead...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great RECAP @safiya! Astonishing. I have the same idea. All sessions I attended were photographed so I could create a piece similar to yours. Thank you for taking the lead...

looking forward to seeing it, Christian :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Awesome job Safiya, 
great memories! 
love to see tons of pictures and having fun at Miami!

hopefully we will see in person again soon!

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great recap. This was such an amazing event. Everyone from Veeam did a great job of putting it together. Can’t wait for the next one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Great sum up, @safiya, thanks for putting this overview together! 👌

Userlevel 5
Badge

Awesome recap @safiya it was a great VeeamON.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you!

Veeam Community Te

Of course on these photos that I am in, those the most beautiful photos that were taken on that event 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Damn that is a good-looking group in that bottom photo.  😋😂😎

Comment