Solved

Veeam VBR Cluster Solutions

• 18 February 2024
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As of now I know that Veeam VBR is not supported the Cluster solutions.

Is there any plan for Veeam VBR clustering in future any body know that?

Couple of my client asking for Veeam VBR cluster solution,

icon

Best answer by Rick Vanover 19 February 2024, 21:46

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Shaokat -

No...not heard of anything, but you can submit a feature request in the Forums.

Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Currently nothing available nor mentioned recently for this. Something to definitely suggest in the forums as Shane mentioned.

Would you want the Veeam to be clustered or are you referring to SQL?  If Veeam probably won't be for a while and if they are even looking at that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Currently nothing available nor mentioned recently for this. Something to definitely suggest in the forums as Shane mentioned.

Would you want the Veeam to be clustered or are you referring to SQL?  If Veeam probably won't be for a while and if they are even looking at that.

I am referring about Veeam Clustering .

is it possible if I configure the Database clustering, so if one of my Veeam VBR and SQL DB goes down I can install a new VBR and Use the same DB?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

is it possible if I configure the Database clustering, so if one of my Veeam VBR and SQL DB goes down I can install a new VBR and Use the same DB?

You can but you still need the configuration backup to do a proper restore and migration to a new VBR server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can but you still need the configuration backup to do a proper restore and migration to a new VBR server.

yes, It’s a challenging task we comes to backup restore. 😌

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know cluster would be good, but the config restore is so simple that i don't know if we really need a cluster for VBR

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, just so long as you take care to make sure you know where to get the config backup and know the encryption password.  But in all, it’s no so bad.  You can keep a second server, bare-bones deployed with no config beyond the default, and have it at the ready.  Just make sure to keep your versioning up to date with production.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We’ve debated a lot the need for this. 

Official answer:

No plans to share publicly at this time.

Extra Rickatron PoV:

Here is what some people do to achieve the same result. A few have gotten at parts of it above:

• B&R Server A is what you want to keep as available as possible
  • Set up B&R Server B (Can even be Windows 11...)  and set up a replication job if your B&R Server A is virtual.
  • Have N+1 proxies that you need
  • Have SOBR and 3-2-1 rule in use everywehre

This is a good way to ‘fail over’ to a B&R replica, as it is marginally quicker than a configuration backup being restored. However, I highly recommend everyone be familiar with a configuration backup restore.

Comment