Veeam Sizing

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Can you share a tool on how to proper size of veeam vm/physical resources as well the repository? thanks

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @JustineP ...at the VeeamON online conference, Tim Smith did a Proxy/Repo sizing session. It tells you exactly what you need to know for sizing those components in your VBR environment. Go here and look for the sizing session on Wed.

Cheers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Look at this Veeam best practice guide and sizing tool as well:

https://bp.veeam.com/vbr/VBP/2_Design_Structures/D_Veeam_Components/D_backup_repositories/repositories%20storage.html

http://rps.dewin.me/

Hope that helps.

Cheers! 

Another one here VSE (veeambp.com)

if you want more detailed version use Veeam usn and Veeam pwd to be more specific in your metrics

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @JustineP ...at the VeeamON online conference, Tim Smith did a Proxy/Repo sizing session. It tells you exactly what you need to know for sizing those components in your VBR environment. Go here and look for the sizing session on Wed.

Cheers! 

This is one of the best and Tim has examples as well to show the calculations.  Great session for sure.

Hi

If you want to size your virtual environment, an easy (I'm not sure if it's correct, but it works for me) way is to check how much data you´ve got (easily taken with rvtools), once you´ve got the number, you calculate its 20% (usually securely for incremental changes) then, you multiply the total sum by 2, and sum the 20%. and done! you know how much space you need to hold 1 full copy and your incremental. (the second full copy is when you refresh the first one, that's why I multiply the total by 2).

(total data * 2) + 20%of Total Data

This is not a magic formula, but give it a try to test if it works for you.

good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can you share a tool on how to proper size of veeam vm/physical resources as well the repository? thanks

My guide to perform sizing and understand good Veeam practices

Comment