Solved

Veeam Reporting - not using VeeamONE

Userlevel 4

Hello all,

is there any possibility to have report directly from Veeam? We have Veaam v12.2 for really small environment and Installing/configuring VeeamONE is a big hammer for this nail.

I would like to have same report as you got when you right click on completed backup job “last24 hours” and click on report. I didn’t find anything that can do that automatically to file.

thanks,

Ladislav.

icon

Best answer by Link State 23 February 2024, 15:11

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello and welcome to the Veeam Community. :)
Maybe the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager can you with that. You can install in the same server where Veeam Backup & Replication is installed and it will show more reports about the jobs.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/em/introduction.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ladislav Boka -

Welcome to the Community! Veeam EM is one way, as Wesley has shared. But, if you don’t want to do that, the only other way I’m aware of is simply to enable notifications in the Veeam Console for all Backup Job results → success, warning, failure. You can then get notified the results of your Jobs. Otherwise, there is no native way within Veeam itself to perform the type of reporting you’re wanting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can definitely try the Enterprise Manager for reporting as mentioned.  There is also this report tool that can create reports as well - GitHub - AsBuiltReport/AsBuiltReport.Veeam.VBR: Repository for AsBuiltReport Veeam Backup & Replication module

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ladislav Boka 

you can also use MyVeeamReport.ps1

https://gist.github.com/smasterson/9136468/a490b4df574323ef6019aacd0e8b4a1c0b75be57

is customisable and you can have a weekly report sent to you listing all your jobs and sessions.

Summary of virtual machine backup protection
Summary of backup results
Summary of backup results
Tape Backup Results Summary
Agent Backup Results Summary
Unprotected virtual machines within the RPO
Virtual Machines backed up from multiple jobs within the RPO
Backup Job Status
Backup Sessions
Backup jobs
Configuration backup status
Proxy details
Repository Details
Scale Out repository details
Veeam Services (Windows)
License/service renewal date

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all,

is there any possibility to have report directly from Veeam? We have Veaam v12.2 for really small environment and Installing/configuring VeeamONE is a big hammer for this nail.

I would like to have same report as you got when you right click on completed backup job “last24 hours” and click on report. I didn’t find anything that can do that automatically to file.

thanks,

Ladislav.

Hello @Ladislav Boka for me, your best solution is described @Link State reply. 

You can use powershell to create a personal script to receive only the info you need. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Welcome @Ladislav Boka → One thing I would add is that a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) would be the email notifications from Veeam B&R. These are good enough but my official recommendation is both - email notifications and Veeam ONE :)  Also - is there a SIEM tool/syslog target you want instead? That’s an option now :)  

Here are some screenshots of emails from my labs, both of a success and a failure. 

The work lab backup for my “Pod” was successful last night, this is the email report.
At home, I applied KB4510 but forgot to upgrade components, so Agent jobs failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello all,

thanks,

Ladislav.

@Ladislav Boka The Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager job summary notifications will be sent to you Last 24 hours’ jobs report. It’s easy to install and configure, and there is no extra cost. I am using it for many customers.

Userlevel 4

Thanks all, We will stay with notification only. I sold it to management as sufficient "report” :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks all, We will stay with notification only. I sold it to management as sufficient "report” :D

Glad you were able to get what you needed from this post. 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad you found a workable solution @Ladislav Boka 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I used  MyVeeamReport.ps1 for a while and use Enterprise manager. I am currently looking at VeeamONE as it does a fair bit more than just a quick email report.

Find out what you require and go from there. If an email of completed successful jobs is enough, these are great free tools to do so. VeeamONE monitors and keeps history of many different metrics while setting alert thresholds and more. 

Comment