Veeam Community Points system

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I was wondering how the point system works for this community.   I see some people that are brand new at 600 points, then people who have topics and comments at only a few points.   I can see when I am active, points being added.

Can someone confirm if this is correct. I am assuming if you are not active your points go down month after month.  I am also at the assumption when you are a new member you are starting around 500-600 points.

I joined a while ago and wasn’t active for a bit, so I’m just trying to make sense of why brand new users have so many more points :) 

56 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Probably something that @Madi.Cristil can answer. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’ll just try to be more like you and get in the 10’s of thousands haha.

I’m not too concerned, I figured If I want a shot at making the next Veeam Legend cut though I'll have to keep active and make sure I don’t fall down the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not too concerned, I figured If I want a shot at making the next Veeam Legend cut though I'll have to keep active and make sure I don’t fall down the list. 

😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the community:

30 points for a topic

5 points for a comment

1 point for each like you get

15 points for a “best answer"

In Veeam University:

20 points for each done lesson (I think 30 points for the first lesson)

In Veeam forums:

5 points per comment

I am not completely sure about the exact points for topics and likes in the forums.

So, it is possible to get a lot of points without any topic or comment in community.

All numbers mentioned here are subject to change without further notice and are solely based on  my personal experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi

Points are not everything. Also the quality of the posts should be good :) I believe the team checks them too.

Shouldn‘t be confirmation posts like „I would do the same“. That adds no value to the discussion. Just give a like on posts you find valuable. That helps others to see that you think the answer was a good one.

You get probably the most points with writing your own Blog post about a veeam topic or related to veeam.

Then commenting on others topics also give you points, even better if your answer was marked as the best one.

Thanks

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Veeam Legend status is not about your amount of points. It's about your activity in Veeam community and forums, the help and support for other users and the quality of your content.

Edit:
Fabian was faster with this important statement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You get points for likes, posts and topics here in the community. Same goes for being active in the R&D forums. In addition you can collect points in the Veeam University.

You start at 0 points and all points you get will stay there for all the time; at least at the moment they don't decrease or get reset.

But, becoming a Legend is not only about collecting the points and advancing in the leader board 😉 Being active in one or both of the communities, helping your fellow members and posting useful information will increase your chances.

Edit: Too slow 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Keep in mind your points are brought over from the R&D forums too.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just one thing: points don’t make Legends, contents do.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Where can I check how many points I’ve collected so far? Can’t find it in my profile...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was wondering how the point system works for this community.   I see some people that are brand new at 600 points, then people who have topics and comments at only a few points.   I can see when I am active, points being added.

Can someone confirm if this is correct. I am assuming if you are not active your points go down month after month.  I am also at the assumption when you are a new member you are starting around 500-600 points.

I joined a while ago and wasn’t active for a bit, so I’m just trying to make sense of why brand new users have so many more points :) 

Hi @Scott ! While I can't give a lot of information on the score system, I can confirm that being active month after month, will keep you on top of the leaderboard. The points are adding up though, so even if you are not active a month, you are not losing the points you accumulated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi

Points are not everything. Also the quality of the posts should be good :) I believe the team checks them too.

Shouldn‘t be confirmation posts like „I would do the same“. That adds no value to the discussion. Just give a like on posts you find valuable. That helps others to see that you think the answer was a good one.

You get probably the most points with writing your own Blog post about a veeam topic or related to veeam.

Then commenting on others topics also give you points, even better if your answer was marked as the best one.

Thanks

Fabian

I confirm what @Mildur discussed in here. When we decide who stays/becomes a Legends we analyze the quality of the content rather than the points. Quantity matters but quality is more important. @Scott @MattM  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Where can I check how many points I’ve collected so far? Can’t find it in my profile...

https://community.veeam.com/leaderboard

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Unfortunately, I’m not one of the top-1000 users. 😅

According to @JMeixner ‘s post above, my activity should have accumulated >100 points already. Last position in the top-1000 currently has 24 points, so I should be somewhere on that list. So I must be missing something important here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Those who have 600 points and are new entry in this community it’s because they have completed all Veeam University courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

According to @JMeixner ‘s post above, my activity should have accumulated >100 points already. Last position in the top-1000 currently has 24 points, so I should be somewhere on that list. So I must be missing something important here?

Mhhh, you have one topic, 12 comments and two solved questions - so you should have 120 points. With some likes, some points more. You didn’t change your username?

You say “ I can see when I am active, points being added.” in your original post. Where do you see it?

@Madi.Cristil, I think, this can be checked by the admins only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

According to @JMeixner ‘s post above, my activity should have accumulated >100 points already. Last position in the top-1000 currently has 24 points, so I should be somewhere on that list. So I must be missing something important here?

Mhhh, you have one topic, 12 comments and two solved questions - so you should have 120 points. With some likes, some points more. You didn’t change your username?

You say “ I can see when I am active, points being added.” in your original post. Where do you see it?

@Madi.Cristil, I think, this can be checked by the admins only.

Yes, but you can make an idea on the Leaderboard as well. Week/All time

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JMeixner is not calculating very precisely, he is assuming :D The calculation is a bit different. But, @MattM , I would be more concerned on the quality of the content, how active and engaged you are rather than keep track on the points. That would take you on the right path aka become a Legend 😊  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@JMeixner is not calculating very precisely, he is assuming :D The calculation is a bit different. But, @MattM , I would be more concerned on the quality of the content, how active and engaged you are rather than keep track on the points. That would take you on the right path aka become a Legend 😊  

Sorry if there’s anything wrong with the quality of my content - didn’t notice that so far. In fact, it’s because I rather focus on quality than quantity that I haven’t been engaged so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JMeixner is not calculating very precisely, he is assuming :D The calculation is a bit different. But, @MattM , I would be more concerned on the quality of the content, how active and engaged you are rather than keep track on the points. That would take you on the right path aka become a Legend 😊  

Sorry if there’s anything wrong with the quality of my content - didn’t notice that so far. In fact, it’s because I rather focus on quality than quantity that I haven’t been engaged so much.

Hey @MattM :) I didn't mean there is something wrong with the quality of your content! Sorry if it sounded like that! That was more like a general suggestion, for everyone. That the quality is always more important than the points. Of course, the points matter as that suggests you are active and engaging. But ultimately, the decision is based on both variables. Let me know if you need more info! We can always schedule a short call, if you need more info 😊   

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MattM That’s interesting, I would have thought that you get listed at the top of the “all time” leaderboard anyways (above 1st place). Did you switch from weekly to all time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@MattMThat’s interesting, I would have thought that you get listed at the top of the “all time” leaderboard anyways (above 1st place). Did you switch from weekly to all time?

I don’t see @MattM on the weekly list either - you made 3 comments in this thread today, so you should be on the weekly list. Seems that there is something wrong...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MattMThat’s interesting, I would have thought that you get listed at the top of the “all time” leaderboard anyways (above 1st place). Did you switch from weekly to all time?

I don’t see @MattM on the weekly list either - you made 3 comments in this thread today, so you should be on the weekly list. Seems that there is something wrong...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I don’t see @MattM on the weekly list either - you made 3 comments in this thread today, so you should be on the weekly list. Seems that there is something wrong...

???

Yes, the weekly list is resetted every Sunday night.
But Matt has made 3 comments today. So, you should be on the weekly list now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

???

Yes, the weekly list is resetted every Sunday night.
But Matt has made 3 comments today. So, you should be on the weekly list now.

It might not update immediately. Do you usually get the points as you post, or does it take a while? 

Comment