Solved

Veeam

Hi guys, I want to make backup through veeam virtual machines in hyper - V. where on windows to make successfully, but on linux failed . How to solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by marcofabbri 27 May 2022, 10:46

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Looks like an error from the client side

Can you share a screenshot of the report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We’ll need to see the logs or at least the full errors as they’re being cut off in the screenshot.

As it’s hyper-v, are you doing on host or off host processing? (Not that it appears it’s getting that far)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi guys, I want to make backup through veeam virtual machines in hyper - V. where on windows to make successfully, but on linux failed . How to solve this problem?

@Almat please copy the clipboard of the error and post it thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

First check: did you verify you’re using correct credentials?

And please clarify why you say on Windows was successfully but error’s on “windows” vm.

And Veeam version.

And maybe hyperV’s version too.

:)

And please clarify why you say on Windows was successfully but error’s on “windows” vm.

And Veeam version.

27.05.2022 7:00:15 :: Processing windows Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The system cannot find the path specified. CreateDirectory(Z:) function call failed. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [Z:]. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [Z:\Backup].  
27.05.2022 7:00:27 :: Could not perform threshold check for backup location "Z:\Backup" due to space info retrievement fail!  
27.05.2022 7:00:29 :: Job finished with error at 27.05.2022 7:00:29  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the backup repository you are pointing your backups to online? And have you permissions to use it?

And Veeam version.

27.05.2022 7:00:15 :: Processing windows Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The system cannot find the path specified. CreateDirectory(Z:) function call failed. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [Z:]. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [Z:\Backup].  
27.05.2022 7:00:27 :: Could not perform threshold check for backup location "Z:\Backup" due to space info retrievement fail!  

I’m using correct credentials

It is on the virtual machine on which Linux is installed with an error that makes a backup
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

And Veeam version.

I’m using correct credentials

It is on the virtual machine on which Linux is installed with an error that makes a backup

Ok, so that folder is on linux vm?
Have you checked permission to that folder for user are you using?

Comment