Veeam 12.1 CP1 - Released 12.1.1.56

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I was looking in to an issue today for something and happened to look at the Veeam KB page that shows versions and updates for v12.1 - KB2680: Build Numbers and Versions of Veeam Backup & Replication

I noticed there is a cumulative patch that released on the 17th (Wednesday) with a new build 12.1.1.56.

For those that are using the Veeam Hardened Repositories this update addresses the need for the SSH to be enabled for updating.  I have run tests, and it works much better for updating.

You can download it here - KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates

It also addresses a bunch of other fixes as well like the Invalid XML when opening reports that some reported here - After upgrade to V12 and DB migration to Postgresql get error when trying to show job report | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Not sure if this will help with your Object backups @DrObject but might want to see as there were some changes in this area.

Happy patching everyone and happy Friday.

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I was looking in to an issue today for something and happened to look at the Veeam KB page that shows versions and updates for v12.1 - KB2680: Build Numbers and Versions of Veeam Backup & Replication

I noticed there is a cumulative patch that released on the 17th (Wednesday) with a new build 12.1.1.56.

For those that are using the Veeam Hardened Repositories this update addresses the need for the SSH to be enabled for updating.  I have run tests, and it works much better for updating.

You can download it here - KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates

It also addresses a bunch of other fixes as well like the Invalid XML when opening reports that some reported here - After upgrade to V12 and DB migration to Postgresql get error when trying to show job report | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Not sure if this will help with your Object backups @DrObject but might want to see as there were some changes in this area.

Happy patching everyone and happy Friday.

tks for sharing !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris.Childerhose Thank you for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, this is the patch we've been waiting for? Hmm....wonder why it didn't get a bit more buzz. Regardless, I think I'll work on getting my environment upgraded now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose Thank you for sharing!

Not a problem at all here to help the community. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So, this is the patch we've been waiting for? Hmm....wonder why it didn't get a bit more buzz. Regardless, I think I'll work on getting my environment upgraded now. 

Yeah this is the one for updating VHR now without SSH as per the notes.

Userlevel 3

Downloading now - I’ll let you know what I find out - support was “o” help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Downloading now - I’ll let you know what I find out - support was “o” help

Surprised they could not help.  Hopefully this works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Nice, that’s a quick turnaround on the first CP. Thanks for the share as always

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for sharing @Chris.Childerhose , download done, update today and tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve my problem of file configuration with 4 eyes auth. I Had a regkey from the support to apply after the upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing @Chris.Childerhose , download done, update today and tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve my problem of file configuration with 4 eyes auth. I Had a regkey from the support to apply after the upgrade.

Not a problem.  Read the release notes as there are quite a few fixes and one of them I mentioned in my post about the reporting XML error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Upgraded my environment yesterday/today. Now to “play” with a couple features 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just upgraded our internal environment from 12.1 GA to 12.1 CP1.

The patch EXE fired up an error in the very end of its process and then restarted all services.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot open the specified device or file

Though I could not login afterwards - it seems no real rollback has taken place. It seemed the console wasn’t updated, but the rest was. The automatic console update while logging into a newer VBR also failed.

Fortunately, running the patch EXE again after a reboot has put things straight again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just upgraded our internal environment from 12.1 GA to 12.1 CP1.

The patch EXE fired up an error in the very end of its process and then restarted all services.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot open the specified device or file

Though I could not login afterwards - it seems no real rollback has taken place. It seemed the console wasn’t updated, but the rest was. The automatic console update while logging into a newer VBR also failed.

Fortunately, running the patch EXE again after a reboot has put things straight again.

That is interesting to see as I never had this on my lab servers but will keep an eye out when we start our 12.1 upgrading.  Good to see the reinstall fixed it also something to note.

all I can say is this version is garbage.   Upgraded all of our clients, and this version has created nothing but hell for us.  Try removing then reinstalling, see what happens.  

Probably moving my MSSP to another product.  Veeam, you let us down.

As a MSP using VSPC and VBAR, this update is 100% trash.  Updating VSPC on clients servers turned them into the desktop backup instead of Hyper-V backup.  Not only this issue, can’t connect to our VSPC without now receiving a cert error, then disconnection, when nothing wrong on our end, cert HAS and is Valid.

Wow...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the share 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@quibbly  I'm sorry to hear that your facing issues with the upgrade. Have you opened a case with our support to let them check what went wrong?

@regnor 
Yes, I opened a case but they only want to handle each issue as a separate case (smh).  

I’ve just ended up having to rebuild every client since Friday, as all support is going to do is have me uninstall, reinstall, as a direct upgrade reaps the same issue. 

Not sure how many use VSPC for monitoring, but this made our monitoring end a nightmare, so I just did a full wipe and replace with every client, every server, every Virtual environment and ever workstation.  

My staff are happy, 1.5x - 2x rate..lol, my customers can’t expect to be billed, so I’m out thousands.  Life of a MSP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@quibbly 

So far I haven't seen any issues similar to yours, so I'm not sure if there are any better solutions. Just a general advice, you could escalate your support case to get a second opinion from the next support tier. Or forward the case to support management for review, if you think it didn't get handled correctly.

Comment