Solved

TLS vesrion is not permitted

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey guys, I have faced this error in customer environment where backup SOBR offload to cloud failed because it shows the error “ TLS version is not permitted on this storage account”, the TLS version is 1.2. I referred some articles and they suggests to add a registry value. One article shows the following registry value details:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\

Dword: AzureConcurrentTaskLimit

value: 1

will this registry value work?

icon

Best answer by ddomask 27 June 2022, 09:15

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would suggest you backup the registry and try it. From the guide online, it seems to have resolved their issue. Here is a related article: https://forums.veeam.com/object-storage-f52/failed-to-establish-microsoft-azure-storage-connection-t72495.html.

• Do you have a negative time on the console? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The TLS version is 1.2, should I change to 1.0?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Anandu 

TLS setting for storage is cloud side infra \ Azure

Thanks for the replies, it turned out to be the TLS version which was set at the Azure end. I set the TLS version to 1.2 in the storage account and it worked ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Anandu 

Thanks for the replies, it turned out to be the TLS version which was set at the Azure end. I set the TLS version to 1.2 in the storage account and it worked ok.

The TLS version in customer environment is 1.2

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Anandu 

I will urge him to also check this as this is another solution that worked in the link I shared above...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Anandu 

I will urge him to also check this as this is another solution that worked in the link I shared above...

I forgot to write, which is a quote of a message from the link you posted :P 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Anandu 

I forgot to write, which is a quote of a message from the link you posted :P 

🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anandu Give us feedback or mark the right answer.
thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Anandu Give us feedback or mark the right answer.
thank you

+1 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

All, by default both Veeam and all public cloud providers use TLS 1.2 for communication; unless you manually set a lower level on the Azure (or AWS/whatever) side, it will be using TLS1.2 out of the box without a need to change anything.

I would not recommend changing AzureConcurrentTaskLimit unless specified by Support.

@Anandu if the issue is intermittent (that is, it runs fine for awhile then randomly throws this), please open a Support case and refer to issue 350539. You must include a log export from the VBR server also: https://veeam.com/kb1832. Use the 3rd option and select the VBR server, and upload the logs to the case for review.

Comment