Solved

Openshift backup features

• 18 October 2023
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 1

Hello

Im looking for an openshift backup solution and would like to have details about kind of objects can be backed up with Veeam\Kasten.

I guess that backup of Deployments, DeploymentConfigs, StatefulSets and VMs is a “must” so what about ability to restore, if necessary, a simple secret, service-account… Can we do that?

Another topic, it is possible to create a SLA selecting as source of data an specific project? Where can I find out detailed product features?

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by AndreAtkinson 18 October 2023, 23:20

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you go to www.veeam.com

Most of the product information is there and you go to the section you need.

Userlevel 1

Hello

Yes I checked product overview and integration guide with Veeam Replication, maybe I missed something but can not see details about which Kubernetes objects can be backed up and restored.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Try this site for Kasten K10 backup for Kubernetes - Kasten K10 for Kubernetes

Userlevel 1

Hello

Thanks for your reply, information available provide a brief description of details. I need a deeper information talking about what Openshift objects can be backed up\restored. I will continue searching anyway.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you try contacting Veeam directly to speak to a sales person?  That might be best route.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@AndreAtkinson might know more about this….tagging for visibility

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks @NZ_BenThomas,

@jbasilio, Kasten will protect all objects within your kubernetes platform both namespaced resources as well as non-namespaced resources if you want it to, both for backup and restore of statefulsets, deployments, secrects, namespaces, configmaps, PVCs, ingress etc is supported as per the below screenshot.

Please see the attached links which should help give you an idea on how to set it up on openshift.

K10 Overview — K10 6.0.9 documentation (kasten.io)

Ask an OpenShift Admin (E101) | Protecting your apps with Kasten K10 by Veeam - YouTube

There is some free Kasten training that can be found on Kubecampus which creates a real environment for you to play around with Free Kubernetes Training (kubecampus.io), i would highly recommend you go through the training and have a play for yourself.

If you have any questions, let me know and i can try to answer them otherwise speak to your local Veeam SE and request a demo and they will be able to assist you.

Happy to help :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndreAtkinson 

Thank you so much for you reply, this info will be very useful

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi jbasillio,

You probably saw this but just in case:

https://www.kasten.io/kubernetes/resources/blog/learn-the-best-way-to-install-kasten-k10-on-openshift?utm_term=&utm_campaign=Blog+Dynamic+Traffic&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=3144319558&hsa_cam=19589950242&hsa_grp=149297049030&hsa_ad=645757073260&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=dsa-1947573229821&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwp8OpBhAFEiwAG7NaEsahl5lyQH7r3ysHc54bt-vsH9HrW_Kwq1rWbHFkb1JXKpPbt1B3sRoC02gQAvD_BwE

Comment