Skip to main content
Solved

No connection could be made be because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1.

• 7 September 2024
  • 5 comments

Hi everyone who can help me to advise

I tried to connect my Veeam server, but it could not start; it errors the following message.

No connection could be made be because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1. Make sure the backup server you are connecting with is 12.2 version

Hi,

So you’ve upgraded your VBR server to 12.2 it seems.

Are you logging into the console locally on the VBR server or from another machine?

Judging by the fact you’re trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 I believe you’re trying to connect locally. And if you’ve upgraded to 12.2 your console should’ve automatically upgraded to 12.2, so I’d suggest making sure the Veeam services have started.

You also need to ensure the database service is running. 

Yes but the Veeam backup service won’t start without the database running so checking if the backup service is running is a good troubleshooting step, then moving onto the database if the Veeam backup service didn’t start

Yes but the Veeam backup service won’t start without the database running so checking if the backup service is running is a good troubleshooting step, then moving onto the database if the Veeam backup service didn’t start

Seconded! 

Hi @rithy.rt -

As the others mentioned above...this error is typically seen when a Veeam service isn't running. Keep in mind, after logging into a system in which you run the Veeam Console, if you just rebooted the system, it takes several minutes for the Veeam services to start as they are configured for a Automatic Delayed start. If you attempt to run the Console before the services are started, you then run the risk of receiving the error you did.

Best. 

Comment