new community suggestion: peer referrals?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’d like to spread the word about this new program among my team and my larger network. Are there plans in place to have some form of a ‘referral’ function, whereby I can send invites out?

I could see it being both a way to build membership, and also incentivize deeper engagement in the members who’ve already joined this community.

Just a thought/suggestion, take it or leave it.

10 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I like this idea! Let’s see if @Kseniya has something to say

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Scott Driver, thanks for sharing this idea! :nerd:

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this.

Would you see that as an email ready-to-send template or share button built within platform? Would you like to send invites to several people at once or one by one?  

Userlevel 4
Badge

I could see it going a couple of ways…

• A form where you can drop in a list of names, with a predefined message that you can edit would probably be the easiest route. I think of this option similar to what you see in LinkedIn when you want to connect with someone. There’s a canned message that you can customize before it emails out to the recipient.
  • I could also see a customized registration URL. If I were to go into my profile, there would maybe a link customized to the individual, that you can send out on your own or post to social. Because it would be customized per user, you could see what level of engagement it generated, as well as do some form of recognition for those who are trying to bring additional members to the platform.

Again, just a thought on how to potentially build some membership momentum. I have NO idea how much effort this would entail.  :)   Thanks for being receptive!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Scott Driver! Let us look into this :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Personally, something that will send out e-mails just smells a bit like spam, to be honest. A “referral type link” seems like it could be a more fair way of sending traffic back to the site.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Personally, something that will send out e-mails just smells a bit like spam, to be honest. A “referral type link” seems like it could be a more fair way of sending traffic back to the site.

You’re not wrong… I personally like the link as well, but I’m guessing you’ll only get really engaged folks to go through that process. I guess it all depends on what the product owners want out of this community and who you want to attract. A form based approach takes some of the work out of the users hands.

Selfishly, I just want to get my team on here! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well, then I suggest you @Scott Driver share link to our resource with your team anyways! :smile: We’re happy to see new members!:innocent:

At the meantime, we will look into this idea. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Great idea. I’d support it. It will help spread the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think for partners being able to fire links from the ProPartner portal would be good as it’d be same domain but I share the views of @haslund that it could feel like spam otherwise so I don’t think any public mailing outside of that is a good idea. Ultimately people can browse the site as a guest if they don’t want to contribute also, the only missing functionality would be content being liked I guess but that’s a minor price to pay compared to a load of ghost accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@mhmdadl, @MicoolPaul  -  thank you!

Appreciate your willingness to spread the word about Veeam Community! :blush:

Sharing in social media via buttons on the right side could be a good solution to invite your larger network too!

Comment