Solved

Move default repository ?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Do you know how to move (change) default repository ?
I have 3 repositroy working, but the HD where is my default repository is full.

Thank for your help.

Regards

Osifem

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 24 May 2022, 12:19

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For which product are you asking? Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam for M365?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

After creating a new repository, a pop-up comes where it asks whether you want to set this as a default repository, but not sure whether we have the option to change later after creation

Userlevel 1

Thanks,

I will look solution “creating new repository”.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you tell us your exact problem, we will try to help you. 😀

Creating a new repository will not solve your problem with the full repo… you have to move the backup files of some jobs and remap the backup files to this jobs after that in the new repository.

At least if we are talking about Veeam Backup & Replication….

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Creating a new repository will not solve your problem with the full repo… you have to move the backup files of some jobs and remap the backup files to this jobs after that in the new repository.

And in a simple small installation, default repository is the same disk as for VBR, and program need free space to elaborate his job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And in a simple small installation, default repository is the same disk as for VBR, and program need free space to elaborate his job.

Yes 😀

This is the cause why I delete the Default Backup Repository after I have created another one and don’t use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@marcofabbri

When you install Veeam, the Default Repository will be created on the disk with the most available free disk space. That doesn’t have to be the same disk as the VBR :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@marcofabbri

When you install Veeam, the Default Repository will be created on the disk with the most available free disk space. That doesn’t have to be the same disk as the VBR :)

You're absolutely right my friend, I was just imagining (perhaps wrongly) a small vbr installation on a single volume disk. :)

Comment