Gartner annual “Voice of The Customer” is out now ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

… for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions suppliers.

https://blocksandfiles.com/2021/01/19/gartner-customer-choice-backup-data-recovery/

Veeam is placed in “Customers’ Choice” quadrants!  So it is in good company. I personally thought ratings would be higher ...

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Same here @vNote42 , i used or tried other solutions in quadrant. I was not satisfy, sounds weird for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Same here @vNote42 , i used or tried other solutions in quadrant. I was not satisfy, sounds weird for me

Especially Veritas is in front of Veeam hurts :confounded:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We all know who should be on the top :wink:

Think about how many of those products have you seen in the wild? And how many of those users were really satisfied with their solution/vendor?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You are right @regnor , some of them I didn't see in customer environments at all.

In the list are the suppliers that did receive 10 or more Peer Insight reviews. So this have not to be the products with the biggest market share….

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am still not sure what to make of the Gartner studies. Same here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To be honest, I was sure it’s sorted alphabetically? 

UPD: just found overall ratings

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I will check my glasses if they are good hehe, didn’t seen the sorted alphabetically. Thank you @Kseniya 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I will check my glasses if they are good hehe, didn’t seen the sorted alphabetically. Thank you @Kseniya 

In first graphic its sorted alphabetically. But in second, its sorted by reviews

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

An the ratings look too high for some of the companies...where do does reviews come from?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Something is not right here with the number of reviews.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Coming from an MSP background here, I have just moved our last Veritas customer to Veeam as surprise surprise, it didn’t work effectively and Veeam was leaps and bounds ahead. I have one customer that uses Dell, but that’s just due to it being a long historical deployment, they’re public sector and don’t have rapid changes to new technology. Cohesity and Rubrik have spent a lot of time playing catch up with Veeam and I haven’t seen them in action in a recent form to comment.

When I looked at the Cohesity vs Veeam review on Gartner what struck me as most odd was that across over 160 reviews (within the last 12 months) that nearly every feature received an identical score (4.8). Source here, this seems a very small sample set. Like those TV adverts where 90% of 30 people agree. If they can’t get a decent sample set, maybe they shouldn’t run these reviews…

I’d also like to say that I genuinely hope these scores are legitimate and that the competitors to Veeam are innovating and deserving of this praise, as innovation will continue to push technology forwards and with Veeam launching 14 products/updates this quarter, we’re seeing a company that is not taking a break anytime soon!

Comment