Fun Friday: What's the meaning behind your username?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Was talking to @Kseniya about this the other day, those of you that don’t have your real name as your username, what’s the reason behind your name? :spy:

41 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When I started in the R&D Forums 4 years ago, I had choosed my gaming name from my earlier time as a gamer (teenager time).

The name sticks with me since then 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When I started in the R&D Forums 4 years ago, I had choosed my gaming name from my earlier time as a gamer (teenager time).

Cool What games are you passionate about?
fsp arpg mmo mmotpg, survival, sciiFi open world?

link state is a routing protocol:heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was wondering what Mildur means! Is there any translation/meaning for this? :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Today, it‘s most likely metroidvanias and Fantasy RPGs or Action Adventure. Most of the time single player. As a teenager, I was playing to long world of warcraft :-) My username here was created for wow back then. 
Zero time for that today. 😅

I‘m waiting for Horizon Forbidden West and God of War now :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I was wondering what Mildur means! Is there any translation/meaning for this? :nerd:

No, i have used a name generator for fantasy storys 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Mildur is an old norwegian word and means mercy :sunglasses:

I was not so creative with my username, just the first letter of my given name and my surname. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Was talking to @Kseniya about this the other day, those of you that don’t have your real name as your username, what’s the reason behind your name? :spy:

i guess I am complaint? But I would love to modify my username. Is this possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ha, pretty cool!

if you google translate it, it means ‘Mild’ from Icelandic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

#DetectiveKseniya LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Was talking to @Kseniya about this the other day, those of you that don’t have your real name as your username, what’s the reason behind your name? :spy:

i guess I am complaint? But I would love to modify my username. Is this possible? 

Yeah, I can do that for you if you wish! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This comment made me smile! I have always wondered because I started my career in networking. You should use “distance-vector” now 🙂 Wish to see a related routing protocol joke, see this below below :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

#DetectiveKseniya LOL

Deputy detective 😱😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ha, pretty cool!

if you google translate it, it means ‘Mild’ from Icelandic:

That‘s good 👍 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@MicoolPaul, you never said us what your username means! :blush:  Why is Micool and not Michael? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

#DetectiveKseniya LOL

OH DAMN!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Today, it‘s most likely metroidvanias and Fantasy RPGs or Action Adventure. Most of the time single player. As a teenager, I was playing to long world of warcraft :-) My username here was created for wow back then. 
Zero time for that today. 😅

I‘m waiting for Horizon Forbidden West and God of War now :-)

Can’t wait for Ragnarok! And please tell me you’ve been playing Metroid Dread 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, I can do that for you if you wish! :blush:

Cool. I will come up with a name and let you know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MicoolPaul 

I have finished Metroid Dread on the same weekend it was released 😍 Ragnarok will be a must have. A day to no go to work 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi, 

my username started in 2000 and is composed with first letters of my name (an) and surname (da) and net is last part of interNet. :D  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hi, 

my username started in 2000 and is composed with first letters of my name (an) and surname (da) and net is last part of interNet. :D  

Wow, I would never guess it! 😄 This is pretty cool though! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul

I have finished Metroid Dread on the same weekend it was released 😍 Ragnarok will be a must have. A day to no go to work 😎

Going through it now! No spoilers! 😁 loving it!

When Ragnarok comes out I’ll be walking round the house shouting BOY!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul, you never said us what your username means! :blush:  Why is Micool and not Michael? 

Didn’t wanna make it ALL about me!

It’s normally stylised as mI-Cool, as it highlights how you’d pronounce it better. As Michael sounds like the question “am I cool” as where I grew up most people didn’t pronounce the a in “am”, so when you say them, they sound the same. But “Michael” is normally taken on forums and stuff so I wanted to keep my name but in a unique way!

🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I just went with my nickname that most people end up calling me by :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@MicoolPaul what a story!!! 😳 😄

@dips, does this nickname mean something? 🙃

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul what a story!!! 😳 😄

@dips, does this nickname mean something? 🙃

Well you asked!

Comment