Fun Friday: Milestones & Goals

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy Friday!

We’re over halfway to 2023 (sorry to depress you!), it’s not uncommon for people to start a new year with goals or wishes for the year.

How are yours shaping up? Are you on track? Have you had a busy start to the year but still have time to get on track? Share how you’re doing and any achievements below!

For me, I knew I was starting a new job, so I wanted to make sure I passed my probation (I did), move house (I have), and either advance my Azure, VMware or Kubernetes knowledge and pass an exam in one of these subjects, I haven’t yet but now I’m getting into a better frame of mind I can start on this!

I also had a great year with my blog last year and I wanted to prove its not a fluke by getting a similar view count this year as last year, I’m also proud to say I’ve smashed that 😁

Your turn community!

30 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@MicoolPaul I just remembered that you had the DTM, but it's the same for DCV VCP certification. And as long as you hold a VCP,  you'll be able to write any other VCP without the training requirement. So you can also renew the DTM later if you decide to 🙂 But I'm with you; I also only want to certify on technologies I'm working with and have sufficient experience on.

Well the one thing I wanted to do, is getting better at my foreign languages, but that's something you can hardly measure or set a goal for. At least I was planing to speak some Italian in our vocation, which will be hard to achieve given that its already summer and I didn't do much for it 😅 Anyhow it's much better to be proud of what one did achieve, then be sad about what didn't work out 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaulI just remembered that you had the DTM, but it's the same for DCV VCP certification. And as long as you hold a VCP,  you'll be able to write any other VCP without the training requirement. So you can also renew the DTM later if you decide to 🙂 But I'm with you; I also only want to certify on technologies I'm working with and have sufficient experience on.

Well the one thing I wanted to do, is getting better at my foreign languages, but that's something you can hardly measure or set a goal for. At least I was planing to speak some Italian in our vocation, which will be hard to achieve given that its already summer and I didn't do much for it 😅 Anyhow it's much better to be proud of what one did achieve, then be sad about what didn't work out 🤓

Exactly, instead of falling short for this year, you’re just getting in your prep for next year 😉

Thanks for the info RE VMware 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This year is a little bit difficult with my personal development plans and goals. I have planned several certifications (Veeam, VMware and perhaps basic Nutanix and AWS certification).

More writing and blogging was on my schedule, too… 😏

Up to now I haven't managed to achieve any of them 🙁. I was very busy at work and we did some successful projects. So, work was ok for this year, all successful. But my personal goals were not. Perhaps in the rest of the year… 😂😂😂

But I will do a little vacation travelling with my wife sometime this year 😎 Very nice after two years without much travelling….

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well @JMeixner,

1. The year isn’t over, you’ve still got time to make a short-list of those goals you’d want to meet the most and start on them 🙂
  2. You never know how your year is going to go, but whilst you’ve not ticked the box of certification, you’ve still gained more experience by completing these projects you mentioned, so well done for that!
  3. Honestly, I’d trade work/hobby goals for family ones without hesitation every time! Investing time in your marriage & doing the travelling together sounds like a great idea after these past two years, you’ll have to share with us the amazing places you go 👍

You also say you haven’t done much blogging etc, but if I may, some of the content you come out with about Veeam on this forum is fantastic and is blog post worthy. For example, in my mind, you’re Mr Tape! You know that subject the best and I’d love to see you talking more about it as that’s always been my weakness! I learn a lot about tape from you 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will try to write more on Veeam, till date i wrote 12 articles.. will add more this year

Comment