Question

File does not exist. Failed to open storage for read access. HELP

Userlevel 2

7.12.2023 11:25:49 :: XXX İşleniyor Hatası: Dosya mevcut değil. Dosya: [6-xxxxx2023-11-23T092907_9A5F.vib].
Okuma erişimi için depolama alanı açılamadı. Depolama: [6-XXXX 2023-11-23T092907_9A5F.vib].
'XXXX-flat.vmdk' diski indirilemedi.
Paylaşılan hafıza bağlantısı kapatıldı.
Disk yüklenemedi. Atlanan bağımsız değişkenler: [vddkConnSpec>];
Aracı, {DataTransfer.SyncDisk} yöntemini işleyemedi.

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you able to translate the error you posted to English?  If not maybe one of the User Groups is a better place to post this for native language speakers to assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ozgurarm - what process are you attempting to perform? Is this error from a Backup Job? A Restore? Replication? The issue may indeed in fact be the flat-vmdk file is missing and thus the error, as noted in this previous similar post from last year.

Also, you can review the logs at: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup and look for the job name folder then the log file to see if it sheds any light for you. Also, you can reach out to support for further assistance if you don’t find anything concrete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ozgurarm 

only with this error is not possible to understood your issue.

It seems vib file was deleted and you can check if it is missing from your backup chain.

Rescan your repository and see if that makes a difference.

Check under the Backups - <JobName> with right click then Properties and see if that restore point as orphaned and grayed out. 

Ah…. only english please. 

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Hello, I was using VEEAM for daily backups, and when I tried to take my daily backup, I received a warning about the memory being full. To address this issue, I deleted old backup files. However, when I tried to initiate the backup process again, I encountered this error. How can I resolve this error?

ERROR ENG;

7.12.2023 11:25:49 :: Processing XXX Error: File does not exist. File: [6-XXX2023-11-23T092907_9A5F.vib].
Failed to open storage for read access. Storage: [6-XXX2023-11-23T092907_9A5F.vib].
Failed to download disk 'XXX-flat.vmdk'.
Shared memory connection was closed.
Failed to upload disk. Skipped arguments: [vddkConnSpec>];
Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Userlevel 2

Hello @ozgurarm 

only with this error is not possible to understood your issue.

It seems vib file was deleted and you can check if it is missing from your backup chain.

Rescan your repository and see if that makes a difference.

Check under the Backups - <JobName> with right click then Properties and see if that restore point as orphaned and grayed out. 

Ah…. only english please. 

Thanks

When I check the Backups Jobname section, there is a red warning sign next to the backup job named XXX. 

sorry for the language

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you try running an Active Full backup to see if that works?  Maybe if there are some files missing from the chain a new full will help.

Userlevel 2

Deleting old backup files, do you think it could lead to any problems?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Deleting old backup files, do you think it could lead to any problems?

If done via explorer yes.  If done via the Veeam Console it should not as it updates the VBM (Metadata) file properly to keep track of the chain.

Userlevel 2
I take 1 full backup a month and extra daily backups. How can I delete daily backups so that they do not cause problems when my disk is full?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I take 1 full backup a month and extra daily backups. How can I delete daily backups so that they do not cause problems when my disk is full?

You need to use the Veeam console and delete them.  From here -

This will allow Veeam to update the VBM (Metadata) file properly where using explorer to delete files causes broken chains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just configure less restore points in your job. You can even do so now, then on the next job run, if your current active backup chain is longer than your configured restore points, Veeam will remove the stale restore points and free up disk space on your Repository.

You can also configure storage space settings in the Console > General Options > Notifications tab to fit your needs:

And, if you have VeeamONE, you can set alarms/email notifications for low Repo storage

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ozgurarm -

I’m just following up on your post regarding backup error. Were you able to get working again? If so, and if one of the provided comments helped you do so, could you mark one as ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar issue/error and come across your post may benefit?

Thank you.

Comment