Error to Run Backup X Check Health

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello Veeam Community!

For 2 days consecutive I receive this error below:

This is a Linux VM as a file server running on ESXi enviroment.

So, today, after I run this job mannualy I can see a health check on it.

It lasted almost 40 minutes during the job.

I don’t know what it exactly means. But now, everything is working properly!

Did you already see or hear something like these?

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Perhaps your repository (NAS?) is/was causing problems? In general SMB/CIFS should be avoided if possible as it's not as reliable as the other repository types.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The backup files health check has to be explicitely switched on. It is in the advanced section of the storage tab of an backup job. So this health check is not switched on be VBR itself if it detects an error. Probably it was activated for the whole time and the scheduled time had come as you ran the job manually.

It seems to have repaired one or more corruptions in your backup chain. It is sad that there is nothing mentionend what it did. I think it would be interesting to have a look in the logs of this job session...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Perhaps your repository (NAS?) is/was causing problems? In general SMB/CIFS should be avoided if possible as it's not as reliable as the other repository types.

Yeah! In this case my repository is still in a NAS with SMB. It’s on my plan exchange this one to SCSI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The backup files health check has to be explicitely switched on. It is in the advanced section of the storage tab of an backup job. So this health check is not switched on be VBR itself if it detects an error. Probably it was activated for the whole time and the scheduled time had come as you ran the job manually.

It seems to have repaired one or more corruptions in your backup chain. It is sad that there is nothing mentionend what it did. I think it would be interesting to have a look in the logs of this job session...

Yeah, I’m using health check on this job. However it is not setting up run this on Friday…

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, is there no relevant ingormation in the job logs? I think there could be some details about the health check and what is has done/corrected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Perhaps you can paste the backup job log here from C:\Programdata\Veeam\Backup\<job name>. We can get some traces from there.

Comment