Skip to main content

Hello friends, could you help me with a problem?

I have a cluster with 8 HP servers, and they run Windows Server 2012 R2 and the Hyper-V feature.

I have a Veeam Backup Community and every time I register my servers as a Hyper-V Stand-Alone Cluster, after a few hours, Host Discovery gives an error and gets disconnected. It only reconnects when I repeat the process of including the Host again, but then, after a few hours, it stops again.

And with this problem, all the backups I schedule give an error.

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Please.

Hi friends, just to report, what I did yesterday didn't work.
The hosts are failing again.
I saw that the Veeam services on my hots stopped and even with the configuration, they didn't start again, I have to start them manually.
This is very strange, and I can't even see why they stopped in EventViewer.

You really need to contact support to determine why this keeps happening at this point. The community can only offer so many suggestions.  The other thing to check is the Add/Remove Programs for Veeam and see if there is any older components listed.   You may need to remove all of them and then add the server again to VBR to push them out again.  Only thing left I can think of.

@silviotavaresspassu -

Ok, so we helped you find the root cause of why your Host keeps failing...the Veeam Services stop. And so the issue you’re having makes sense. You can try one other thing (but as we’ve already suggested...you really need to contact Veeam Support) → you can try to uninstall all the Veeam Services, then manually install them to see if they then do not auto-stop. You can find each of the 3 Services .msi packages on the Veeam Server at:
C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Packages\<named-service>.msi

If after manual install, they keep stopping, please contact Support.

@silviotavaresspassu Since the service are crashing intermediately, I would suggest to check if Veeam ports are utilized or interfered by any other process in Hosts. 

Below are ports used by Veeam 

Default port used to communicate with Veeam Hyper-V Integration Service. - 6163

Default port used by Veeam Data Mover Service. -  6162

Default port used by Veeam Installer Service. - 6160

Find active process in a TCP ports use the following cmd or you can use TCPView from sysinternals

netstat -ano | find "6160" 

Comment