Contributors needed - Veeam Backup & Replication: Architecture and Design (VMCA) course

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello Legends/Vanguards in the building,

I would like to write about this course (VMCA) on my blog and also share the write up here word to word. 

If any of you is interested in saying a word (contributing) to the reviewing the Veeam Backup & Replication: Architecture and Design (VMCA) course, please pleat me know. 

• You can share your thoughts in the comment session or send me a message privately. I will collate all information and post it online. 
  • I will do a lot of social media promotion on it as well. An opportunity to affect and influence the product, let’s seize it guys!

Kindly spare some minutes of your time as this will greatly influence the outcome for many future VMCAs. After reading @MicoolPaul post today “Veeam Legend Experience - Year One Review” I have gotten more points to write on :-)

Hello @haslund , can I also reference your videos thread? 

I can see some of us already contributed in the comment session via this post from @regnor!

I will be looking forward to some lines (texts) that can be posted externally and in this community. 

24 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Iams3le,

I’d be happy to lend a word for the exam side of things if you’re covering that, but I never actually sat the VMCA course this year, I couldn’t get funding via my employer so I just tried to sit the exam (thinking worst case if I failed I’d have more justification to ask to sit the training course) and passed.

Good luck with the blog post! Always good to see the content everyone creates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Iams3le,

I’d be happy to lend a word for the exam side of things if you’re covering that, but I never actually sat the VMCA course this year, I couldn’t get funding via my employer so I just tried to sit the exam (thinking worst case if I failed I’d have more justification to ask to sit the training course) and passed.

Good luck with the blog post! Always good to see the content everyone creates!

Yes, Please! I intend to make it as detailed as possible.. It will be posted as “what the other Legends/Vanguards are saying” with your name and/or with or without a picture. This absolutely depends on you….. Looking forward to your content Sir @MicoolPaul!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Let me know once you’ve got your framework and what you want from me and I’ll drop you a quote 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Let me know once you’ve got your framework and what you want from me and I’ll drop you a quote 👍

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Iams3le I can add content as well. Did the course in December and the exam so still pretty fresh in memory. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also check the community for my course review post and it is on my blog too HTTPS://just-virtualization.tech

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Iams3le the thread I made of @haslund is not updated and too slow to navigate, it’s better to do a list of direct topics made by @haslund :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That’s an awesome project that I’ll follow super interested @Iams3le 
Never did VMCA course so… that’s gold.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Iams3le I can add content as well. Did the course in December and the exam so still pretty fresh in memory. 

Thank you very much… Please do well to share with me via this comment or privately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also check the community for my course review post and it is on my blog too HTTPS://just-virtualization.tech

I will do as you have suggested, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s an awesome project that I’ll follow super interested @Iams3le 

Definitely you will. In the next days, I will chat you up as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That’s an awesome project that I’ll follow super interested @Iams3le 

Definitely you will. In the next days, I will chat you up as well.

Perfect @Iams3le :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I will do as you have suggested, thank you!

No problem. There are many now that have wrote reviews on both course and exam out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Iams3le If you want you can take a quote from my topic here if it fits for your blog post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Iams3leIf you want you can take a quote from my topic here if it fits for your blog post.

Sure, I will. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Iams3le Sorry for the delay. First of all the course. I thought the instructor was very good like all Veeam instructors. I am not just saying that I have had instructors in the past from other software companies who were just using the time clocks, i.e. punch in, waste time, punch out, collect pay cheque. So I wanted to make that clear. Veeam vet their trainers very well. As for the course I am going to go on a limb with a slight bit of constructive criticism.  I understand the goal is to have people think in an “Architect” fashion and not just turn the learning experience into a “learn by rote” facts and numbers effort, however, I personally felt too much time was spent with the teams being left to figure things out. Obviously the people who had a lot of experience jumped right in since this was like their daily jobs, but if you had no experience I see where one could just get lost, or be the quiet person in the group. Just my two cents but I would have left the exercise to the end or as homework, with most of the class time filled up going over real case scenarios with expert solutions already in place. Remember on the exam you are completely alone but the course trains you in “group mode”.  Again that is just my opinion.

As for the exam, I felt it was not an easy one to prepare for so I ended up doing no preparation at all. What in North America we call a “Hail Mary pass” in North American football.  My hunch was that knowledge wise the VMCE2021 should be your base (hence I don’t understand why, if I have understood this correctly, the VMCE2021 is no longer a prerequisite), and from there you need to work on your analytical and attention/focus to detail skills in order to pass. 

Overall the VMCE/VMCA experience is excellent and I have personally benefited enormously and highly recommend it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Iams3le Sorry for the delay. First of all the course. I thought the instructor was very good like all Veeam instructors. I am not just saying that I have had instructors in the past from other software companies who were just using the time clocks, i.e. punch in, waste time, punch out, collect pay cheque. So I wanted to make that clear. Veeam vet their trainers very well. As for the course I am going to go on a limb with a slight bit of constructive criticism.  I understand the goal is to have people think in an “Architect” fashion and not just turn the learning experience into a “learn by rote” facts and numbers effort, however, I personally felt too much time was spent with the teams being left to figure things out. Obviously the people who had a lot of experience jumped right in since this was like their daily jobs, but if you had no experience I see where one could just get lost, or be the quiet person in the group. Just my two cents but I would have left the exercise to the end or as homework, with most of the class time filled up going over real case scenarios with expert solutions already in place. Remember on the exam you are completely alone but the course trains you in “group mode”.  Again that is just my opinion.

As for the exam, I felt it was not an easy one to prepare for so I ended up doing no preparation at all. What in North America we call a “Hail Mary pass” in North American football.  My hunch was that knowledge wise the VMCE2021 should be your base (hence I don’t understand why, if I have understood this correctly, the VMCE2021 is no longer a prerequisite), and from there you need to work on your analytical and attention/focus to detail skills in order to pass. 

Overall the VMCE/VMCA experience is excellent and I have personally benefited enormously and highly recommend it. 

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am sure the VMCA team will see this comment. I understand your argument and they are valid and the team will use this to improve other training sessions.

So, if I will be very happy if you could share the positive experience with me as well either privately or via the comment session.

I have started drafting this post (review). But because I have to submit my DBA assessment coupled with work, the pace to post this is a bit slow. 

Looking forward to your contribution. Thank  you for helping to evangelize the program in advance,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Completed: Veeam Certified Architect: A review of the VMCA Training and Certification

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Completed: Veeam Certified Architect: A review of the VMCA Training and Certification

Excellent review. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Excellent review. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Good write-up @Iams3le !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good write-up @Iams3le !

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Great Job Iams3le!