Question

Cannot find any buckets in Region

Userlevel 3

I’m testing several On-Prem S3 Object Backups ( Backing up Object Storage in 12.1) no matter which of the 4 systems I try I get the attached error. All of the systems have “buckets” that Veeam 12.1 has written to, and they have data in them, and are set as repo’s in VBR that I am using for this test. Suggestions? Error is attached - I get it on all of them.

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have not tested object backup as yet but I can run a test to see what comes up if similar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@safiya @Madi.Cristil - can we move this to discussion board since it is not Kasten related.

Userlevel 3

Sure - My apology

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Just to confirm, this is trying to backup from on-prem object using Veeam v12.1?
And it’s failing to find buckets to protect?

Userlevel 3

Correct Ben

Userlevel 3

@Madi.Cristil  - if you tell me how to move this to a different group - I will

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Madi.Cristil  - if you tell me how to move this to a different group - I will

it’s in the correct space now. no worries :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hmm just tried to reproduce in my lab @DrObject and I’m not getting the same error.

Backed up some VMs to Object storage bucket, and then backed up that object storage bucket to my nas without any issues with region.

What’s the object storage you’re using on-prem? Minio? Scality? Cloudian?

It might be worth opening a veeam support case on this one

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I also tested this in my lab and do not see the issue either.  Not sure what to suggest.

Userlevel 3

@NZ_BenThomas I have a virtual Scality, Cloudian and Minio in my lab (all on prem)- same for all three of them - I’ll open a ticket

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@NZ_BenThomas I have a virtual Scality, Cloudian and Minio in my lab (all on prem)- same for all three of them - I’ll open a ticket

Keen to hear the outcome of the support case when you work out what the issue is! Definitely sounds like an odd one.

Hi all, Scality employee here.

I note in the snapshot the region says “east” rather than “us-east-1”? I’m not sure where the region gets defined but is it possible that the region name is entered incorrectly?

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @DrObject ...curious if you received an answer for your issue here, and what the solution was?

Comment