Solved

Backup SQL OLAP with Plugin

• 2 February 2024
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 3

Hi at all,

We configured a backup for SQL AAG with Veeam plugin and all work fine, but now we need backup also the OLAP ( Online Analytical Processing ) component for our SQL AAG. Unfortunatly the OLAP is not discoverd by Veeam Plugin and thus I don’t know how setup It's backup with Veeam. Our goal would be configure an backup as did it for the others DB instances 
Any idea or experience to share ?

Ciao

Luca

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 2 February 2024, 17:09

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Based on reading the help about the SQL Plugin I do not see any reference to OLAP so my guess is that the plugin does not support that.  I would think doing a normal VM backup of the SQL server would cover the OLAP instance.

A great post on the SQL Plugin is here but not sure if any mention of OLAP as I have not watched the videos.

Installing and using the Veeam Plug-in for SQL Server | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Pigging-backing off what Chris shared, from the SQL Plugin User Guide Sys Requirements, as you already are aware @LucaDM , AAG is supported..and is listed there in the Guide, but nothing about OLAP. For definitive supportability information, I recommend contacting Veeam Support.

You may be able to ping a member of the Product Management team on the Forums as well to see if OLAP is supported and, if not, if it may be in an upcoming release.

Userlevel 3

Hi Chris and coolsport00, thank’s for your quikly reply. I feared the answer but my hope was a trick for turn around the issue. I will try to speak with Veeam support as suggested and if I have good news I shared with community. 

Thank’s a lot again

Luca   

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No problem. Keep us posted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not a problem always here to help where we can.  Keep us posted on what happens with support.

Comment