Solved

Backup Configuration job warning after upgrade to VBR12 RTM

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
  • 190 comments

Any idea for this? It’s pure Hyper-V with Azure, not AWS.

1/31/2023 10:06:49 AM Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported.

icon

Best answer by Mildur 2 February 2023, 07:45

View original

38 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just did update my lab from RTM to GA, and the warning no longer appears. So solved in my case.

I am receiving the “Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” warning even though I upgraded using the GA ISO. I am on build 12.0.0.1420.

In version 12.0.0.1420 I also have this warning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello

If you still see the warning, you can uninstall the aws plugin on your backup server. A new plugin version will soon be provided with the new version of Veeam Backup for AWS.

Best,

Fabian

Just wanted to mention that this issue is being encountered with a client of mine that was upgraded to the v12 GA release.  Looking at manually running the plug-in installers over again from the install media and seeing if that does the trick.

Same here. Build 12.0.0 1420 P20230223

Unfortunately, I’m not able to uninstall AWS-Plugin:

“C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Veeam.Uninstaller.exe
Auf das angegebene Gerät bzw. den Pfad oder die Datei kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Sie verfügen ggf. nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen, um auf das Element zugreifen zu können.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Lennart

Please update the AWS plugin to the newest version (12.0.6.956). You can download the plugin on our download page
https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.

Best,

Fabian

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Hi @clowg have you tried installing the AWS and GCP plugins?

No I havent - I don’t need them.

Are you saying you HAVE TO install them to get rid of this error in the log?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can also update to the newest patch and check again if you see the error. We solved over 100 known issues with that patch.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4420

I installed the latest patch release, and am still getting the errors in the Config Backup job log:

27/04/2023 10:00:31 AM Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:9402

27/04/2023 10:00:26 AM Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:9403

Found the result AWS Service was not running on the Server

I found that after another reboot of the VBR 12 server the AWS & GCP errors have gone away :)

Comment