Solved

Backing up S3 bucket to on/prem or at least not AWS

• 24 August 2023
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 1 comment

Hi, I have a client that wants to back-up his S3 buckets. Everything I can find talks about backing up to S3 which is great but not what he wants. He has a DR policy that states that he has to have a copy of his cloud files on prem.

I’ve gone through the AWS module for Veeam from top to bottom, but I can’t find a solution. I was hoping that EFS would work but it does not.

icon

Best answer by Mildur 24 August 2023, 01:35

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If the S3 was capacity tier of a SOBR you could move it to the performance tier.  Not sure if there is a copy option going backwards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @OMW 

Are you looking to backup the content of S3 buckets (non veeam files)? Such as documents, media data or other type of data?

Our next version Veeam Backup & Replication v12a will introduce this feature. We talked about it at our yearly VeeamOn event in May 2023 in the general session.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @OMW 

Are you looking to backup the content of S3 buckets (non veeam files)? Such as documents, media data or other type of data?

Our next version Veeam Backup & Replication v12a will introduce this feature. We talked about it at our yearly VeeamOn event in May 2023 in the general session.

Best,

Fabian

This actually would be the ideal solution for what is required.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Backup the content of S3 buckets is not currently available, I discussed with someone from Veeam Team and this will be a new feature in comping version as per his expectations (v12a) 

Userlevel 2

Thank you everyone. This was very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I KNEW I had heard something about backing up buckets, but I couldn’t remember why, where or how.  Onwards to 12a!

Comment