Solved

10/17/2023 11:31:26 PM :: Error: Access is denied. RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion]. Target machine: X:6160].

• 18 October 2023
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have already enter the password in Manage server but that did not resolve the issue

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 20 October 2023, 21:42

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What specifically are you trying to do? What operation?

Need a few more details and screenshots if you can as this is very vague to even guess what to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, I would run test-netconnection -computername <ServerName> -Port 6160

to the server, see if that connects successfully. If that works I would take a packet capture on the destination server to confirm that the server receives the packet, and if it replies I would do a packet capture on the source to see if the packet makes a return trip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As @Chris.Childerhose mentions...need more specific details what you’re trying to accomplish. If you’re trying to add a server to Veeam, make sure your credentials are correct, and use the correct format: DOMAIN\Username, then pwd; or LOCAL_HOST_NAME\Username, then pwd. If you do use a host not on the domain, you may need to change your registry settings to be able to have a local admin user connect to your server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@csaha77 There are many situations to cause these issues. You can follow the link to troubleshoot it.

https://www.veeam.com/kb2065

https://www.veeam.com/kb4444?ad=in-text-link

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Configuration were already set for the vsphere host but the job showed error message today. So I enter the password in managed server but that did not resolve the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @csaha77 - can you share a screenshot of where you’re getting the error? What process are you trying to do? Add a server? Back up a VM? Agent? Etc...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We resolved this issue by changing administrator password in Backup repository. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, ok. Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Comment