[What (else) is new in v12 - 12] - File Level Restore – Compare with Production

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A feature that was already available in Veeam Explorer for Active Directory now finds its way into the Windows File Level RestoreCompare with Production. This gives you the option to view the differences between the files in the restore point and the current files in production.

After pressing the button, you will be asked for the user with the required permissions.

Then you see state for files and directories. What you not see are new files in production that are not in the selected restore point.

You can also show differences in file attributes.

At least in tested version, this feature (and the following) does not work for Linux.

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is such a cool feature especially for file level restores now.  Will have to test this out with the many other things in v12.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That is such a cool feature especially for file level restores now.  Will have to test this out with the many other things in v12.  😎

There is a lot to look at, indeed! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This has been missing since a long time and really enhances FLR via Veeam. Thanks for sharing @vNote42

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is a really useful enhancement. 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Cool new feature and thank you for sharing @vNote42 , waiting for this on Multi OS FLR for V12a 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s indeed very cool and handy, thanks for this post @vNote42  !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Cool new feature and thank you for sharing @vNote42 , waiting for this on Multi OS FLR for V12a 🤣

What do you mean? in a single job?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can’t wait for this when users say, I deleted something, but can’t remember what. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Can’t wait for this when users say, I deleted something, but can’t remember what. 😀

yes. that's the extension of "I deleted a file, but I don't know where". 🤣

Comment