Want to know a great secret? Veeam + Cisco dCloud

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you ever wanted:

• A Veeam Backup & Replication demo environment to quickly try something out on?
  • A clean environment you could install Veeam Backup & Replication and configure backup from storage snapshot?
  • Two Cisco HyperFlex clusters to test backup and replication on?
  • A comprehensive Veeam Backup & Replication guided tutorial?

If you answered yes to any of the above, do you have a Cisco.com login?

• If not, register for an account, click here.
  • If so, you may want to considered requesting your own private Veeam + dCloud environment.

PLEASE NOTE - Cisco dCloud access requires your Cisco partner Access Level to be L2 or higher.

On Cisco dCloud you will find two different Veeam Backup & Replication environments. 

The first is a “lab” environment that provides a two cluster HyperFlex environment with the Veeam Backup & Replication software.  This is an ideal environment if you want to get experience installing VBR from scratch, then configuring and running backup and replication jobs.

The second environment, we will call it the “demo” environment, already has VBR installed with some backup jobs created.  This environment is perfect when you want to do a customer demonstration or try out VBR in a non-production environment.

Both environments have extensive step-by-step documentation.

Getting Started

Go to https://dcloud.cisco.com/ and click login

Once you are logged in, click on Catalog, type “Veeam” in Search or Filter and press Enter

Choose the Lab or Demo environment and click the Schedule button to set up how long you would like the environment to be available to you.

There are two ways to access the step-by-step documentation.  The first is from the dCloud Catalog page.

The second way to access the step-by-step documentation is within the Veeam + dCloud environments by clicking the Resources tab.

Want more?

If you are looking for more things to try in the Veeam + dCloud environment, check out https://www.veeam.com/how-to-videos.html

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

I gave that a try but Veeam does not appear in the list. Is it dependent on the Data Center location?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Dips - did you type “veeam” in the “Search and Filter” section?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Very interesting offering.

I will have a look on it and give it a try.

Thank you. 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 3
Badge

also try “Data Center” under “Solutions” on the left-hand navigation panel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

also try “Data Center” under “Solutions” on the left-hand navigation panel.

Tried both but still nothing.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dips - let me ask Cisco.  Please hold :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dips - let me ask Cisco.  Please hold :-)

Following

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MarkPolin 

It could depend on your partner status with Cisco.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dips my contact at Cisco requested you try these links:

https://dcloud2-lon.cisco.com/content/demo/519667?returnPathTitleKey=content-view
https://dcloud2-lon.cisco.com/content/demo/519668?returnPathTitleKey=content-view

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Rules:

1. Level 1 and Level 2 users are currently not allowed to schedule content of any type.Access to content is only permitted through Instant Demos and Session sharing by Level 3 and Level 4 users.

I don‘t think, this labs are for everyone. :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Likewise I got the same message. 

“The content you are trying to access has either been removed or you do not have the permission required to view it.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sad

But I have thought anyway “Wow, they are giving such a thing away for free?” 😆😆😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sad

But I have thought anyway “Wow, they are giving such a thing away for free?” 😆😆😆

Same! I’d have loved to give it a spin. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please accept my apologies for the confusion.  I did clarify with Cisco that dCloud is accessible for Cisco partners with Access Level of L2 or higher.  I updated the original post with that note.  

If you work for a Cisco partner with L2 or higher access level and still can’t access Veeam’s dCloud environments then please send me your Cisco.com user id at mark.polin@veeam.com and I will work with Cisco to see if the issue can be resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comment