VMUG Recording – Understanding Data Protection for your VMware Tanzu Container Workloads

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

As part of my virtual VMUG tour, I submitted a session to the VMUG call for papers covering the subject of Data Protection for Tanzu Kubernetes workloads. (Most of this will apply for any Kubernetes environments).

This was picked up by Erik at the Belgium VMUG for their UserCon in June 2021. After the session the videos remain available on demand for a short time, but there were no plans to upload this for everyone. So thank you to Michael Cade, whom offered to host this session for all on the Cloud Native Data ManagementYouTube Channel.

In the below session I cover the following areas;

• ​What kind of data protection do you need?
  • ​Velero
    • The open source data protection project from VMware
  • ​Tanzu Mission Control
    • The Kubernetes fleet management platform that utilizes Velero from VMware.
  • ​3rd Party Options
    • A nod to the 3rd party ecosystem that offer enterprise Data Protection and Management software such as;
      • Kasten by Veeam

There is even a quick technical demo in there, with a little technical hiccup I had to style out!

I’ve also a number of Kubernetes related content on my blog. And I’m slowly completing 100 Days of Kubernetes tracked here on my GitHub.

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Another great post to add to my watchlist.  :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great video about a very interesting topic.

Thank you, @saintdle 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@saintdle : Great Video, Thanks 

Comment