VMCA 2022 Released!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Afternoon everyone!

I just found out that Veeam have released the VMCA 2022 course and exam.

We’ve had a few discussions around this exam within the community as originally Veeam were intending for everyone to take the VMCA 2022 course prior to sitting the exam, however between then and now they’ve changed it. I checked my portal this morning and it showed the “Step 1. Attend a training course” as ticked. I checked with my account manager that this was intentional and they confirmed it’s no longer mandatory to redo the course if you’ve already got a VMCA v1.

To find out more simply go to: Get Veeam Certified Now! and then click on the “Veeam Certified Architect” tab.

FAQs:

• I took the VMCA v1 training course but never took the exam, what should I do?
    • The VMCA v1 is expected to retire on 31st December 2021, either sit the exam or take the VMCA 2022 training course and work on that instead.
  • Should I take the training course?
    • Of course, it’s not always cost-effective for some people to take the training course again but the VMCE-ADO course was released a long time ago, and Veeam has progressed a lot since then, the best way to know you still know the best practices and recommendation from Veeam is to refresh your training!
  • What should I do to prepare?
    • Take the training course if possible.
    • Review the VMCA 2022 exam guide within the Veeam certification section.
    • Make sure you hold a current VMCE certification or a VMCEv1, you require one of these to achieve VMCA certification.
    • Check out some of these awesome resources:

46 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congrats!! @MicoolPaul Great Job!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congratulations @MicoolPaul , well done!😊 I hope I'll be able to upgrade my VMCE to VMCA someday 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congratualations @MicoolPaul !!! You are probably one of the first (after @haslund of course ;-)). Normally I was planning do renew my VMCA-1 certificate next year without taking the course. But I heard already that the exam and course is really different towards the one of VMCA-1. As I read in your post, you are confirming this regarding the exam. So I think I will take the course first. But I first have to study and take the exam of VMCE 2021 (now still VMCE 2020). Do you think that I’m obligated to take first the VMCE 2021 exam before the VMCA 2022 exam when having already VMCE 2020 and VMCA-1? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks @Geoff Burke & @regnor 😁

Get yourself on the course @regnor I’m sure you can do it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congratualations @MicoolPaul !!! You are probably one of the first (after @haslund of course ;-)). Normally I was planning do renew my VMCA-1 certificate next year without taking the course. But I heard already that the exam and course is really different towards the one of VMCA-1. As I read in your post, you are confirming this regarding the exam. So I think I will take the course first. But I first have to study and take the exam of VMCE 2021 (now still VMCE 2020). Do you think that I’m obligated to take first the VMCE 2021 exam before the VMCA 2022 exam when having already VMCE 2020 and VMCA-1? 

Hi Nico! I do wonder how many VMCAs there are as Veeam never disclose this information! 😁 Sorry I think you replied whilst I was replying, I missed it! Thank you!

As you have the VMCA v1 you don’t HAVE to upgrade your VMCE for your VMCA 2022, unfortunately only you know if you’re ready. My VMCE 2021 was quite light on new feature talk but the VMCA was quite heavy on this topic. If you’ve used the new features and designed solutions around them, you’re gonna be in with a better shot.

One of the biggest stresses was that without attending the course I didn’t have the course materials as a base for a study guide… so I had to try and upgrade my VMCA v1 materials by referring to the updated documentation regarding each point they made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I understand fully what you mean @MicoolPaul , therefore it is recommended to take the course. So therefore again : congrats for the new certification without taking the course first!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just took my VMCA2022 and passed! :grin:

Very cool and congrats.  How did you find it?  Did you take the course for this one?  Just curious as I am trying to get the course before taking it.

I’ll probably do a write up as I was working on my own study guide prior to this. I haven’t taken the course but could do the upgrade from VMCA v1.

I knew that getting the VMCA 2022 course approved would’ve been difficult and getting the time off to attend, so I’d been studying, comparing my old VMCE-ADO documentation to the v11 documentation and building an updated list from that. Part of me thought if I failed it would give a good argument to get to sit the updated course as I’d clearly need it.

In summary though, this isn’t an exam focused around remembering formulas. It’s about understanding customer requirements, constraints and objectives, then leveraging the right Veeam tool for the job. It’s not just about Veeam B&R, but Agent, Enterprise Manager and One also.

In particular, when I did my VMCE-ADO, NAS backup, Agent for Mac, immutability and CDP weren’t possibilities, so it’s worth ensuring you’ve explored these subjects, their requirements and their own limitations if you’ve not had to architect solutions with these products before.

I felt this exam was a little less difficult than the VMCA v1, but it’s certainly still a challenge, I had to go through my answers three times to be sure I’d matched everything to the right criteria!

Congratulations! And thanks a lot for your comment about the exam. This helps for preparing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Very cool and congrats.  How did you find it?  Did you take the course for this one?  Just curious as I am trying to get the course before taking it.

I’ll probably do a write up as I was working on my own study guide prior to this. I haven’t taken the course but could do the upgrade from VMCA v1.

I knew that getting the VMCA 2022 course approved would’ve been difficult and getting the time off to attend, so I’d been studying, comparing my old VMCE-ADO documentation to the v11 documentation and building an updated list from that. Part of me thought if I failed it would give a good argument to get to sit the updated course as I’d clearly need it.

In summary though, this isn’t an exam focused around remembering formulas. It’s about understanding customer requirements, constraints and objectives, then leveraging the right Veeam tool for the job. It’s not just about Veeam B&R, but Agent, Enterprise Manager and One also.

In particular, when I did my VMCE-ADO, NAS backup, Agent for Mac, immutability and CDP weren’t possibilities, so it’s worth ensuring you’ve explored these subjects, their requirements and their own limitations if you’ve not had to architect solutions with these products before.

I felt this exam was a little less difficult than the VMCA v1, but it’s certainly still a challenge, I had to go through my answers three times to be sure I’d matched everything to the right criteria!

BTW, just sitting in the VMCA course. It is quite interactive and much less try than I thought!

Conclusion: you miss something :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

BTW, just sitting in the VMCA course. It is quite interactive and much less try than I thought!

Conclusion: you miss something :joy:

Let me know how it is either way. Still trying to get it before exam. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just passed VCMA2022! Till the end I had no idea if I made it or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

WOOHOO!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Congratulations, Wolfgang :tada::tada::tada:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congratulations, Wolfgang :tada::tada::tada:

Thanks Joe!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats. I have the course next month then will take that. Need to take VMCE2021 first 😜

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@coolsport00 : Thanks for sharing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Congrats :)

I will do the VMCE 2021 next month, the architect will come in december :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congratulations 👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Probs @vNote42! I have scheduled the 2-day course in December and will take the exam beginning of 2022 after I took the exam of VMCE 2021. Was it difficult?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Probs @vNote42! I have scheduled the 2-day course in December and will take the exam beginning of 2022 after I took the exam of VMCE 2021. Was it difficult?

To be honest, it was not that hard as expected! It's rather hard to stay focused for that long and keep the details of the customer situation in mind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just 2 Tips for all those who want to take the exam:

• There is a notepad function in the front-end. You can save the text you entered. BUT: a notepad is saved for each question separately. Means: when you save text in question 1 and you open the notepad in question 2, it will be empty. You have to go back to question 1 to see what you entered there. I lost some time here because I noted customer details in question 1.
  • You can use the key combo Ctrl+F to search within the exam window. This is very helpful to get the details without reading again.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just 2 Tips for all those who want to take the exam:

• There is a notepad function in the front-end. You can save the text you entered. BUT: a notepad is saved for each question separately. Means: when you save text in question 1 and you open the notepad in question 2, it will be empty. You have to go back to question 1 to see what you entered there. I lost some time here because I noted customer details in question 1.
  • You can use the key combo Ctrl+F to search within the exam window. This is very helpful to get the details without reading again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips always helps even if minor ones. 😁

Comment