Veeam Legends - Veeam Backup & Replication Pocketbook v1

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We are proud to announce the release of our first joint Legends project: Veeam Backup & Replication Pocketbook v1.

It is a collection of best practices from the field.

The following topics are covered:

• Backup Basics
  • Security
  • Hardened Repository and Immutability
  • Performance
  • SOBR Capacity Tier Offload
  • SureBackup

We are discussing each recommendation with benefits, disadvantages and links to more information. Currently the Pocketbook can be downloaded here as a pdf-file. 

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Enjoy reading!

Contributors (in alphabetic order): @falkob@Geoff Burke@JMeixner@Link State@MicoolPaul@regnor@vNote42@wolff.mateus 

:point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5:  :point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5: :point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5:

36 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is awesome! Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are proud to announce the release of our first joint Legends project: Veeam Backup & Replication Pocketbook v1.

It is a collection of best practices from the field.

The following topics are covered:

• Backup Basics
  • Security
  • Hardened Repository and Immutability
  • Performance
  • SOBR Capacity Tier Offload
  • SureBackup

We are discussing each recommendation with benefits, disadvantages and links to more information. Currently the Pocketbook can be downloaded here as a pdf-file. 

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Enjoy reading!

Contributors (in alphabetic order): @falkob@Geoff Burke@JMeixner@Link State@MicoolPaul@regnor@vNote42@wolff.mateus 

:point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5:  :point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5: :point_down::point_down_tone1::point_down_tone2::point_down_tone3::point_down_tone4::point_down_tone5:

Comprehensive Details provided and One Stop solution for all the Veeam requirements.Great work by @vNote42 and the contributors @falkob@Geoff Burke@JMeixner@Link State@MicoolPaul@regnor@vNote42@wolff.mateus 

Badge

I loved it

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

What a great project! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think the project kind of went to sleep. We could revive it. I can do the Kasten part  😂😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

We had setup everything for part two, but then had to pause it because of time problems.

I hope we will be able to create a version 2 for V12… (with a kasten part 😀)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe in the new year? Time and unpredictability of it availability for everyone is always the big challenge. Maybe we can think up some out of the box solutions like we post a Chapter Title for example REPOSITORIES , and then people just add bits and pieces underneath, short to the point like “REFS repos should be 64k block”. So the assumption would be that the reader knows Veeam and these are “added value” pieces of advice from Veterans on the backup/restore front.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

We will see. Perhaps we can discuss and decide on one of our Legends meetings in January.

We have a site for our project already thanks to Michael.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Really handy customer-facing reference, and good reminder/checklist for the Veeam engineer/admin!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Very nice initiative @vNote42 ! A must read for every SE. Looking forward to the updated version including v12 & Kasten

Comment