VBO365 vs SaaS competitors : 10 reasons why to choose VBO365

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all,

As a Veeam partner I often get the question from customers and colleagues : why choose VBO365 and not one of the so many SaaS competitors?

That question is not so easy to answer, but there are a lot of reasons.

I’ll try to give some reasons why I find that VBO365 has advantages relative to other SaaS competitors.

Flexible : 

You can install VBO365 on a VM or physical server on-premises.

You can use regular storage or an object-storage appliance.

Also you can install it on a VM in the public cloud and using object storage as the best choice (costs and quantity of storage).

Proximity : 

Because you can install it on-premises or as a partner on your own hardware in a datacenter, you can deliver proximity instead of used storage of a competitor in a region far away from your location.

In Belgium the proximity is an important reason for a lot of customers.

Several flexible restore options : 

With VBO365 you have many, many restore options, not only to existing O365 resources (mailbox, onedrive, ...) but you can restore it local in several formats (PST, MSG, ...).

This is not always available for other SaaS competitors.

Technical Support center : 

Veeam Techincal Support, from my perspective, is one of the best technical support I’ve ever engaged with. This is very important as a partner.

Scalable : 

VBO365 is very scalable. If you need more resources, just create extra proxy-VMs. Create extra backup appliances or backup accounts to eliminate more the active throttling of MS O365.

Easy interface : 

As all Veeam applications, the interface is very intuitive and easy to handle!

More control : 

When you implement VBO365, you have more control over the environment. With a SaaS solution you don’t have much control.

Partner role : 

When you implement VBO365, your role as a partner is much more important and valuable than just playing a reseller where you don’t have a specific important role.

Several retention policies : 

You have the possibility to implement item-level retention policy or snapshot retention policy per repository.

IT JUST WORKS : 

Yeah, of course as all Veeam software, IT JUST WORKS!!! :-)

There are more reasons, but I just limited it on 10, a nice figure ;-).

Soon copy jobs will be possible to copy the data to other repositories is an important extra functionality.

Unfortunately there are also some missing parts or downsides in VBO365 I already had to hear :-( : 

• backup of CRM Dynamics and other SaaS solutions is not yet possible, hopefully soon
  • the cost of some SaaS competitors is lower than implementing a VM in the public cloud and necessary Veeam licenses...
  • more time to implement instead of already implemented SaaS solution
  • no integrated self service portal (I know it is coming...)

I will also ask in this post if you find some other advantages of using VBO365 we can use to tell our customers ;-).

thx

regards

Nico

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Nico Losschaert - another great post that hopefully we can get pinned to the discussion board. @Kseniya - can we pin this one like the other that was done for the reasons to choose Veeam. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @Chris.Childerhose for your comment and idea again ;-) !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thx @Chris.Childerhose for your comment and idea again ;-) !

Np. Anyway we can help others with a direct place to see this is the way to go. :thumbsup_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Any chance a cheat sheet could be created for posts like these and displayed on the product page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nico Losschaert : Wonderful, Thanks for sharing buddy !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Any chance a cheat sheet could be created for posts like these and displayed on the product page?

I think that is good idea !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy to pin this post, @Chris.Childerhose! Great blog, @Nico Losschaert:sparkles::clap_tone3: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there dips,

This is an interesting perspective on the voice of the market. We love this organic content (great job @Nico Losschaert ). Currently we don’t put this on the product pages but I’ve learned to never say never here at Veeam.

If you are a partner, there are some additional resources in the ProPartner Portal - but for now - you’re in the right place, a Veeam Community Hub exclusive.

An idea @Kseniya ->» Maybe an “ALL-TIME Greatest Posts Library” per year, a great 1-year anniversary for community hub milestone… Like “CLASS OF 2021” or something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

An idea @Kseniya ->» Maybe an “ALL-TIME Greatest Posts Library” per year, a great 1-year anniversary for community hub milestone… Like “CLASS OF 2021” or something.

Love this idea, RICKATRON! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Kseniya and @Rick Vanover , thx for loving this post! It was my pleasure sharing this ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great reasons to go with VBO, thanks for creating the list @Nico Losschaert .

Besides the costs and Implementing

• the cost of some SaaS competitors is lower than implementing a VM in the public cloud and necessary Veeam licenses...
  • more time to implement instead of already implemented SaaS solution

Besides that, SaaS also has a lower administrative overhead. If companies are migrating to the cloud they normally want less systems to administrative; with VBO you need to maintain an additional Windows Server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @regnor , you are right, that’s true ;-)

Comment