Thinking of becoming a Veeam Legend 2022?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Veeam Legend programme is due to have its second intake in the coming weeks/months, and I wanted to put together a small collection of resources for people to find out more about this amazing sub-community.

What is the Veeam Legends Programme?

The Veeam Legends programme is at its heart, a Veeam community, its a sub-group of the wider Veeam Community Hub & R&D forums’ users. It was created as part of the ongoing recognition that Veeam wanted to give to its most active Veeam experts within these spaces.

The Veeam Legends programme is one of three sub-communities within the ‘Veeam 100’ collective, with the other two being Veeam Vanguard and VeeaMVP. But whilst Veeam Vanguard focuses on external evangelism & activity, and VeeaMVP celebrates Veeam staff that contribute externally to the Veeam community, Veeam Legends is focused on Veeam platform-based activity.

Are there perks to becoming a Veeam Legend?

Of course there are! To date I’ve witnessed the following perks from the Veeam Legend programme:

• Sponsored (Free) training of VMCE/VMCA courses and exam attempts. Note: This isn’t unlimited and tends to be a once a year event.
  • NFR licensees for all Veeam products.
  • Veeam Legends SWAG
  • Access to private betas of upcoming products & releases
  • Prelaunch briefings for new products and events.
  • Access to the Veeam product teams
  • Third-party affiliate perks
  • Speaking/Advocacy engagements
  • Related skills training
  • Annual Veeam100 Summit
  • Free entry to VeeamON + VIP Area (oh, and snackboxes!)

Those are the Veeam sponsored perks, but there’s also the community created perks.

We have an optional Teams call every fortnight which sometimes has guest appearances from key Veeam staff. We’ve built a strong support network between each other to try and help each other when we need it, it’s like a globally distributed VIP support package as these people are all experts! We also create community focused projects too such as the Veeam Legend Pocketbook, a great opportunity to get your name on the contributors list! I also want to say that just because these perks are listed above, doesn’t guarantee Veeam will do these again, I’m not being held liable if times change and some things do/don’t happen!

Examples:

It wouldn’t be any good if I just told you about these things, how about some real examples?

Veeam Legend Pocketbook:

Training:

Last year Veeam Legends had the opportunity to attend the VMCE 2021, VMCA 2022 and gain other curated training both Veeam and unrelated such as technical sessions with the product strategy teams and even a social media training course straight from Veeam’s marketing department!

Speaking/Advocacy Engagements:

There’s never been a shortage of advocacy opportunities within the Veeam Legend programme, such as:

Community at Veeam: First Six Months - LinkedIn Live

Sysadmin Day: Past, Present and Future

Friday Tech Bites: Data Protection Best Practices - Data Encryption

(No Link) VeeamON Speaking opportunities, I did a session with Rick Vanover last year called “Hold My Beer While I Recover to the Cloud”

Contributions to technical whitepapers: https://www.veeam.com/physical_servers_backup_best_practices_configuration_wpp.pdf

Guest Author opportunities on the Veeam official blog

Veeam Community Recap Guest Appearances: (here, here, here)

2021 Veeam Legend SWAG

Snacks!!!

Veeam Legend Responsibilities:

You best believe that all these perks come with responsibilities, so what are they?

They’re nothing too serious, be kind & helpful, provide feedback to Veeam from the opportunities they provide in a constructive way, and don’t violate any NDAs for content that is confidential! 😂

All sounds great, what do I do?

As cliché as it may sound, be yourself! Contribute content to the R&D forums and community hub, answer questions if you can, or at least try to be helpful, get involved in the overall Veeam community, and get noticed!

Further Reading:

Further questions? Or just interested, some of the below links might give you the answer you’re looking for 😁

That’s all from me, hopefully see you at the next intake!

51 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can I tryto becom a Veeam Legend? 😝

Everyone can try 😎

I had never believed that I would be accepted in this program…. And now it is my second year already...

I think you can renew this year!👍

I hope so 😎

And I have no doubt you will make it, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Everyone can try 😎

I had never believed that I would be accepted in this program…. And now it is my second year already...

I hope so 😎

I don't think I meet the requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Everyone can try 😎

I hope so 😎

The requirements are being active in Veeam community spaces such as here and over on the R&D forums, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t meet the requirements, you publish great content after all!

Looking forward to meeting the new Veeam Legends of 2022 when they’re announced!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Everyone can try 😎

I hope so 😎

Believe in yourself, we all can do it ! Next Step 🚀 be a legend !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Everyone can try 😎

I hope so 😎

The requirements are being active in Veeam community spaces such as here and over on the R&D forums, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t meet the requirements, you publish great content after all!

Looking forward to meeting the new Veeam Legends of 2022 when they’re announced!

Definitely agree there. 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’d love to become a Veeam legend. I post more in the R+D forums, but am always happy to help out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’d love to become a Veeam legend. I post more in the R+D forums, but am always happy to help out. 

@Scott

If you are posting in the R&D forums, make sure to use here and in the forum the same mail address. Then add your forum nick name to your profile here.

https://community.veeam.com/settings/profile

This will make sure, that you are getting points from your R&D forum posts. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Scott

If you are posting in the R&D forums, make sure to use here and in the forum the same mail address. Then add your forum nick name to your profile here.

I’ve mostly been using a different email for my posts I just realized. :( 

Is there a way to link that or not? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Scott

I’ve mostly been using a different email for my posts I just realized. :( 

Is there a way to link that or not? 

You have to use the same username in the forums and the community. I think it is not relevant if different email addresses are linked to both accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Unfortunately, the Mail address must be the same.

Changing the mail address in the R&D forum is easy.

https://forums.veeam.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=reg_details

Changing the mail in the Community Hub is possible, but requires an admin todo some background changes (@Madi.Cristil).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That’s unfortunate. I posted a lot in the R+D forums. I probably can’t change my email as I have an account under this email address as well in the forums.  I had my work email and a second email set up.  If I ever switched jobs I wanted to keep my account if I lost my email. 

Oh well.  I’ll just start utilizing this account more. 

I have a pretty large VMware and Veeam environment so I often help users in there with my previous experiences. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No worries. 
The team, who makes the decision about the legend program will also look at the R&D forum, not just the community leaderboard :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That’s unfortunate. I posted a lot in the R+D forums. I probably can’t change my email as I have an account under this email address as well in the forums.  I had my work email and a second email set up.  If I ever switched jobs I wanted to keep my account if I lost my email. 

I have a pretty large VMware and Veeam environment so I often help users in there with my previous experiences. 

Hi @Scott :) Nice to meet you! Yes, we are also going to look into your activity in the R&D forums ! But we would love to have you active in the Community Hub as well! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Of course you can! :) We would love to have you! Get as active as possible in the Community Hub and most probably you will make it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scott :) Nice to meet you! Yes, we are also going to look into your activity in the R&D forums ! But we would love to have you active in the Community Hub as well! 

Sounds good. I’ll start hanging out in here more :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I would like to became a member ! Lets try !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sounds good. I’ll start hanging out in here more :) 

@Scott Keep sharing in the Community. Good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The Veeam Legend programme is due to have its second intake in the coming weeks/months, and I wanted to put together a small collection of resources for people to find out more about this amazing sub-community.

The Veeam Legends programme is at its heart, a Veeam community, its a sub-group of the wider Veeam Community Hub & R&D forums’ users. It was created as part of the ongoing recognition that Veeam wanted to give to its most active Veeam experts within these spaces.

The Veeam Legends programme is one of three sub-communities within the ‘Veeam 100’ collective, with the other two being Veeam Vanguard and VeeaMVP. But whilst Veeam Vanguard focuses on external evangelism & activity, and VeeaMVP celebrates Veeam staff that contribute externally to the Veeam community, Veeam Legends is focused on Veeam platform-based activity.

Of course there are! To date I’ve witnessed the following perks from the Veeam Legend programme:

• Sponsored (Free) training of VMCE/VMCA courses and exam attempts. Note: This isn’t unlimited and tends to be a once a year event.
  • Veeam Legends SWAG
  • Annual Veeam100 Summit

Those are the Veeam sponsored perks, but there’s also the community created perks.

We have an optional Teams call every fortnight which sometimes has guest appearances from key Veeam staff. We’ve built a strong support network between each other to try and help each other when we need it, it’s like a globally distributed VIP support package as these people are all experts! We also create community focused projects too such as the Veeam Legend Pocketbook, a great opportunity to get your name on the contributors list! I also want to say that just because these perks are listed above, doesn’t guarantee Veeam will do these again, I’m not being held liable if times change and some things do/don’t happen!

Examples:

It wouldn’t be any good if I just told you about these things, how about some real examples?

Veeam Legend Pocketbook:

Training:

Last year Veeam Legends had the opportunity to attend the VMCE 2021, VMCA 2022 and gain other curated training both Veeam and unrelated such as technical sessions with the product strategy teams and even a social media training course straight from Veeam’s marketing department!

There’s never been a shortage of advocacy opportunities within the Veeam Legend programme, such as:

(No Link) VeeamON Speaking opportunities, I did a session with Rick Vanover last year called “Hold My Beer While I Recover to the Cloud”

Contributions to technical whitepapers: https://www.veeam.com/physical_servers_backup_best_practices_configuration_wpp.pdf

2021 Veeam Legend SWAG

Snacks!!!

You best believe that all these perks come with responsibilities, so what are they?

They’re nothing too serious, be kind & helpful, provide feedback to Veeam from the opportunities they provide in a constructive way, and don’t violate any NDAs for content that is confidential! 😂

As cliché as it may sound, be yourself! Contribute content to the R&D forums and community hub, answer questions if you can, or at least try to be helpful, get involved in the overall Veeam community, and get noticed!

Further Reading:

Further questions? Or just interested, some of the below links might give you the answer you’re looking for 😁

Encouraging more contributors to become Veeam Legend makes Veeam Community Unique and creates Huge Impact @Chris.Childerhose @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil @MicoolPaul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The number of the Legends (and the Vanguards) will not be increased significantly in the future (this is our knowledge at this time at least). You can compete with all others to become a Veeam legend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you @RK99  and @JMeixner  → The “Veeam100” programs are the right fit between Vanguards, Legends and VeeaMVPs → We are on to something here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fingers crossed for future consideration. Veeam100 looks awesome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Fingers crossed for future consideration. Veeam100 looks awesome!

I am sure at some point you will get in Scott.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

• Veeam Legends SWAG
  • Annual Veeam100 Summit

Examples:

Veeam Legend Pocketbook:

Training:

2021 Veeam Legend SWAG

Snacks!!!

Further Reading:

Thank you so much for all these details. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hiw can we apply or join the programme? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ElsayedElmazoun You can’t apply for the Legends program, you get selected based on your activity. I'll quote Michael's post from above:

Comment