Thinking of becoming a Veeam Legend 2022?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Veeam Legend programme is due to have its second intake in the coming weeks/months, and I wanted to put together a small collection of resources for people to find out more about this amazing sub-community.

What is the Veeam Legends Programme?

The Veeam Legends programme is at its heart, a Veeam community, its a sub-group of the wider Veeam Community Hub & R&D forums’ users. It was created as part of the ongoing recognition that Veeam wanted to give to its most active Veeam experts within these spaces.

The Veeam Legends programme is one of three sub-communities within the ‘Veeam 100’ collective, with the other two being Veeam Vanguard and VeeaMVP. But whilst Veeam Vanguard focuses on external evangelism & activity, and VeeaMVP celebrates Veeam staff that contribute externally to the Veeam community, Veeam Legends is focused on Veeam platform-based activity.

Are there perks to becoming a Veeam Legend?

Of course there are! To date I’ve witnessed the following perks from the Veeam Legend programme:

• Sponsored (Free) training of VMCE/VMCA courses and exam attempts. Note: This isn’t unlimited and tends to be a once a year event.
  • NFR licensees for all Veeam products.
  • Veeam Legends SWAG
  • Access to private betas of upcoming products & releases
  • Prelaunch briefings for new products and events.
  • Access to the Veeam product teams
  • Third-party affiliate perks
  • Speaking/Advocacy engagements
  • Related skills training
  • Annual Veeam100 Summit
  • Free entry to VeeamON + VIP Area (oh, and snackboxes!)

Those are the Veeam sponsored perks, but there’s also the community created perks.

We have an optional Teams call every fortnight which sometimes has guest appearances from key Veeam staff. We’ve built a strong support network between each other to try and help each other when we need it, it’s like a globally distributed VIP support package as these people are all experts! We also create community focused projects too such as the Veeam Legend Pocketbook, a great opportunity to get your name on the contributors list! I also want to say that just because these perks are listed above, doesn’t guarantee Veeam will do these again, I’m not being held liable if times change and some things do/don’t happen!

Examples:

It wouldn’t be any good if I just told you about these things, how about some real examples?

Veeam Legend Pocketbook:

Training:

Last year Veeam Legends had the opportunity to attend the VMCE 2021, VMCA 2022 and gain other curated training both Veeam and unrelated such as technical sessions with the product strategy teams and even a social media training course straight from Veeam’s marketing department!

Speaking/Advocacy Engagements:

There’s never been a shortage of advocacy opportunities within the Veeam Legend programme, such as:

Community at Veeam: First Six Months - LinkedIn Live

Sysadmin Day: Past, Present and Future

Friday Tech Bites: Data Protection Best Practices - Data Encryption

(No Link) VeeamON Speaking opportunities, I did a session with Rick Vanover last year called “Hold My Beer While I Recover to the Cloud”

Contributions to technical whitepapers: https://www.veeam.com/physical_servers_backup_best_practices_configuration_wpp.pdf

Guest Author opportunities on the Veeam official blog

Veeam Community Recap Guest Appearances: (here, here, here)

2021 Veeam Legend SWAG

Snacks!!!

Veeam Legend Responsibilities:

You best believe that all these perks come with responsibilities, so what are they?

They’re nothing too serious, be kind & helpful, provide feedback to Veeam from the opportunities they provide in a constructive way, and don’t violate any NDAs for content that is confidential! 😂

All sounds great, what do I do?

As cliché as it may sound, be yourself! Contribute content to the R&D forums and community hub, answer questions if you can, or at least try to be helpful, get involved in the overall Veeam community, and get noticed!

Further Reading:

Further questions? Or just interested, some of the below links might give you the answer you’re looking for 😁

That’s all from me, hopefully see you at the next intake!

51 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

+1

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Coff coff… Didn’t see any SWAG yet… 

@Madi.Cristil 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great summary on this amazing program. Hopefully there will be more in the next intake coming up soon I think. 🤔 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Madi.Cristil 😜

You are right, there was no swag for 2022 up to now 😎

But the program is really great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Madi.Cristil 😜

I’m not too worried about this one, the Vanguard programme is going through the same atm due to supply chain issues, but I thought that since there’s the two intakes that Veeam would likely wait for the second intake before dishing out the swag, rather than only half of the current Veeam Legends getting anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Madi.Cristil 😜

Legends program is one of the best things happened to me for IT talking.

I found this community full of beautiful people.

Legends is the cherry on the cake.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Madi.Cristil 😜

I’m not too worried about this one, the Vanguard programme is going through the same atm due to supply chain issues, but I thought that since there’s the two intakes that Veeam would likely wait for the second intake before dishing out the swag, rather than only half of the current Veeam Legends getting anything.

Didn’t say that it is problem 😁 I think everyone of us has a lot of swag from several providers….

And I think, the opportunities in this program are much more valuable...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JMeixner sorry if I worded it like I was accusing you of having a problem with it or anything negative! I meant it to be reassurance in general to people 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@JMeixnersorry if I worded it like I was accusing you of having a problem with it or anything negative! I meant it to be reassurance in general to people 😊

No worry 🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I love the conversation in here, guys! :D Don't worry, @marcofabbri and @JMeixner  SWAG is on the way..but @MicoolPaul nailed it with his answer (thank you 😊). We did encounter some logistics issues on the way! Bare with us ,will get there soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Madi.Cristil 😜

🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I love the conversation in here, guys! :D Don't worry, @marcofabbri and @JMeixner  SWAG is on the way..but @MicoolPaul nailed it with his answer (thank you 😊). We did encounter some logistics issues on the way! Bare with us ,will get there soon!

Everything is fine. Thank you for clarifying @Madi.Cristil 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for my late @MicoolPaul! I’m late here, but this post was sooo good! So much information about this amazing community in one single post.

I will write something similar on my Brazilian blog and you influence me with that.

Thank you and congrats for that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Let’s try to become a legent 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Probably the most detailed and comprehensive post on the Veeam Legends. We'll done @MicoolPaul 👍

So far it has really been a great experience being a Legend; the perks you've mentioned, the recognition and most important the people you meet. It's my second year now, and I hope there are many to follow 😃

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

mmmm😋 try to become a legend 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is another great post of the legendary @MicoolPaul 🤣 !!! In a week or so I will become again much more active as before 😂. It’s so great in this community being an active member!

As you and others already now, I had some difficult months but the good news is : everything is coming together 😅. So I will have some more time for myself so I can contribute again to this legendary community. My apologies to everyone (especially @Madi.Cristil , @Rick Vanover and all other Legends for being a bit absent the past months).

For me personally, my experience being a Legend : 

• You can learn a lot of other people in this community !!! I think I may speak for a lot of us : we do know a lot of Veeam software, but we still learn everyday in this community from others (different experience, different kind of customers, other hardware is being used, ...)
  • The name itself : I think this name is really awesome! Just say : I am a Veeam Legend! How cool is that! I know from several colleagues and customers that they find this a superb title : they are a bit jealous on me for that 😊
  • The recognition of the number 1 backup company
  • Being someone, not only a number, but recognized by Rickatron @Rick Vanover himself
  • Being a Legend feels a bit like being a part of a small family
  • Knowing new things, changes before being released, sooner than other partners, customers, …
  • Have the ability to test new beta versions
  • Being an author of the Legend Pocketbook (does remind me I have to get started with that 😉)
  • Meeting people all over the world with the same goal, having experience in the same great backup software
  • Of course the swag

It’s not overdone saying that I’m very proud being a Legend and I really hope I can stay one for many years. If it depends on me, I will still implement Veeam software, create best practices, creating designs, solving issues, contributing in this community … for many, many, many years !!!

See ya

regards

Nico

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is another great post of the legendary @MicoolPaul 🤣 !!! In a week or so I will become again much more active as before 😂. It’s so great in this community being an active member!

As you and others already now, I had some difficult months but the good news is : everything is coming together 😅. So I will have some more time for myself so I can contribute again to this legendary community. My apologies to everyone (especially @Madi.Cristil , @Rick Vanover and all other Legends for being a bit absent the past months).

For me personally, my experience being a Legend : 

• You can learn a lot of other people in this community !!! I think I may speak for a lot of us : we do know a lot of Veeam software, but we still learn everyday in this community from others (different experience, different kind of customers, other hardware is being used, ...)
  • The name itself : I think this name is really awesome! Just say : I am a Veeam Legend! How cool is that! I know from several colleagues and customers that they find this a superb title : they are a bit jealous on me for that 😊
  • The recognition of the number 1 backup company
  • Being someone, not only a number, but recognized by Rickatron @Rick Vanover himself
  • Being a Legend feels a bit like being a part of a small family
  • Knowing new things, changes before being released, sooner than other partners, customers, …
  • Have the ability to test new beta versions
  • Being an author of the Legend Pocketbook (does remind me I have to get started with that 😉)
  • Meeting people all over the world with the same goal, having experience in the same great backup software
  • Of course the swag

It’s not overdone saying that I’m very proud being a Legend and I really hope I can stay one for many years. If it depends on me, I will still implement Veeam software, create best practices, creating designs, solving issues, contributing in this community … for many, many, many years !!!

See ya

regards

Nico

Nice one, @Nico Losschaert ! Thank you 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Veeam Legend is Awesome program. A lot of learning and new updates with so many new friends … Thanks to all the members and admins of this program @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Veeam Legend is Awesome program. A lot of learning and new updates with so many new friends … Thanks to all the members and admins of this program @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil 

I also want to join this program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Veeam Legend is Awesome program. A lot of learning and new updates with so many new friends … Thanks to all the members and admins of this program @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil 

Keep trying Victor you will make it. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will be there for sure @victorwu 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can I tryto becom a Veeam Legend? 😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Everyone can try 😎

I had never believed that I would be accepted in this program…. And now it is my second year already...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Everyone can try 😎

I had never believed that I would be accepted in this program…. And now it is my second year already...

I think you can renew this year!👍

Comment