The OFFICIAL! Veeam Backup for Office 365 capacity calculator is LIVE!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The new official capacity calculator for O365 is now live at https://calculator.veeam.com/vbo/

You can either connect it to your real account and retrieve needed data or manually input data:

If you love the full details you can click the “Show details” button:

This will definitely make it a lot easier to estimate capacity use, but also size VBO servers and proxies, just click on the little “i” icon next to infrastructure sizing for even more information like CPU/memory:

24 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing Rasmus

This is really excellent, especially for a first release!  More to come I’m sure from the teeam :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is really awesome !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

:clap::clap::clap: Excellent!! 

Badge

That veeamazing instrument!

I spent many hours when calculating it.

Badge

Great, been looking for something like this :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

​​​​​+1 +1 +1

Should make stuff a lot easier, ever for me, not so fit with O365!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks Rasmus for sharing this!

Great tool!

I was wondering, why does Object Storage recommend less than 50% of the required space when compared to a regular repository? Does object storage have far better compression?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 4

This is great, I’m bookmarking this for sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great tool.  Bookmarked!

totaly cool instrument :bulb:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello

I use it yesterday and it's cool.

Is it possible to allow user modification when we use connected account on future version?

some customer don't want all exchange account to be save but only members of the group name "vip exchange" or the possibility to not save all the environmenent like teams + one drive + sharepoint + exchange.

Thanks !

Excelente herramienta, para saber la capciad actual de teams, que se debe hacer gracias

I’m a little confused 

this means you can take for reference “Repository size or Object sotrage size” or have to take both?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m a little confused 

this means you can take for reference “Repository size or Object sotrage size” or have to take both?

@Hugo Alfaro

It depends on what storage type you have planned to use as your backup repo.

- If you want to use local disks, use Repository Size.

- If you want to use Object Storage, use Object Storage size and Cache.

I’m a little confused 

@Hugo Alfaro

It depends on what storage type you have planned to use as your backup repo.

- If you want to use local disks, use Repository Size.

- If you want to use Object Storage, use Object Storage size and Cache.

thanks for your answer!

Hello… you would help me with a doubt. It's simple (I think so) you know because in the image below, the result of the VO365 calculator, 114 active users appear, but 208 licenses in total, and apart from, for example, 74 active users for Exchange

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is it no longer possible to connect the calculator to the M365 tenant? At least I can’t find this option anymore...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is it no longer possible to connect the calculator to the M365 tenant? At least I can’t find this option anymore...

Yes as per here - https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-for-microsoft-365-f47/veeam-backup-for-microsoft-365-capacity-calculator-no-size-t81366.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Oh no, this was really handy for a quick calculation. Thanks @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi all, sorry to come back to this old post, but I have a doubt about the calculator/cache sizing: doing a test with 50 TB of Primary Mailbox size, saving to object storage is recommended 512 GB of local cache.

Best practice says 1-3 % for local cache, however up to a maximum of 100 GB.

https://bp.veeam.com/vb365/guide/design/sizing/objectstorage.html

Am I wrong or is this really strange? 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi all, sorry to come back to this old post, but I have a doubt about the calculator/cache sizing: doing a test with 50 TB of Primary Mailbox size, saving to object storage is recommended 512 GB of local cache.

Best practice says 1-3 % for local cache, however up to a maximum of 100 GB.

https://bp.veeam.com/vb365/guide/design/sizing/objectstorage.html

Am I wrong or is this really strange? 🤔

That does seem very strange to recommend that, but the BP indicates something else.   Maybe @haslund can shed some light here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

amazing!! 

Comment