Solved

Rename Veeam server

Userlevel 2

Hello Everyone,

After renaming the server, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager did not change the target patch, so when I click on the shortcut, it tries to open a web address through my old hostname, can I change my host without deleting anything?

It should be like this  https://hostname:9443

I changed the IIS site bindings, but this did not change the shortcut, when I type the correct link, I can open it on the web

icon

Best answer by frahimzade 17 March 2023, 09:03

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes, the shortcut will still be linked to old address.  The best way is to delete the shortcut and launch EM with new name.

You already tried editing the file and it works as a expected work around.

Once you delete the shortcut from the Desktop, you can restart the EM services and then  you can navigate to windows > All programs > Veeam > Veeam Enterprise Manager , right click and ‘Open file location’ . From there create a new shortcut icon.

Needs administrator privilege to do so.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

I did all what you said but the problem is still the same, the targeted link of the icon in the default location is outdated and I can't change it.

When I click on the open file location it redirects to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Veeam at that location

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the update. IMHO, this leaves us with reinstalling only the Enterprise Manager part of installation.  This will definitely come up with the new name linking to https 9443

Userlevel 2

Problem solved without deleting enterprise manager, just install and replace without uninstalling then all targeted links changed.

Thank you for your support.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Problem solved without deleting enterprise manager, just install and replace without uninstalling then all targeted links changed.

Thank you for your support.

Perfect! you found a solution to your own query :D  and thanks for sharing the resolution step! 

Comment